Jump to solution

Samsung Galaxy 8 cannot send pictures out of Outlook for Shaw.ca email

jfinlay18
Grasshopper

Samsung did a systems update last Thursday. We could not send out emails from our shaw.ca email accounts after that update.

Samsung had to delete us from the email app installed on our phone and put us on Outlook  Now we can send out emails but cannot attach pictures. The pictures show on the phone in the sent box and on the phone in the in box ( sending from one shaw email account to another one that are both on the phone ) as little white boxes with some green and the word Image.  Surprisingly when we view these emails on our webmail on our computers the pictures show up just fine in the sent and inbox.

Shaw said they do not support apps, Microsoft Outlook says it is a server issue with Shaw not allowing the pictures ( why then can we see it on shaw webmail on the computer?)

Samsung said to get incoming and outcoming server information and shaw said what kind of information. I don't know what to tell them. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Samsung Galaxy 8 cannot send pictures out of Outlook for Shaw.ca email

shaw-tony

jfinlay18 It does seem like it is set up under ActiveSync. I would recommend trying to set that up again (delete, then re-add with the ActiveSync steps here). 

As for what Samsung was asking for, it could be settings for IMAP here or POP here.

On an Android device, there are multiple ways you can set up email. I will recommend using ActiveSync or IMAP.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey jfinlay18,

Thanks for reaching out! I haven't heard of any reports of this issue. I personally have the same phone and the email app is working as expected. Since the images are working normally through webmail, there should be no problems with any server related issues. If you haven't done so already, can you set up the email under Exchange ActiveSync with the steps here? Once that is set up, let me know if the images are still not loading through.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

jfinlay18
Grasshopper

When I open up the account settiings  in Outlook I  see Exchange shown under each of the email accounts. When I open one up and click on change settings  I see server is wm.shaw.ca and domain\user name is *Mod Edit*.  It also has password which is blank  and description (eg. work) which is blank  but does not have the rest of the boxes such as SSL. So I think it may already be set up under Active Sync. When Samsung set up the account I do not remember seeing anything after the line that says Work.

However, to check do I have to delete the account and then set up again ( newbie here).. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

jfinlay18 It does seem like it is set up under ActiveSync. I would recommend trying to set that up again (delete, then re-add with the ActiveSync steps here). 

As for what Samsung was asking for, it could be settings for IMAP here or POP here.

On an Android device, there are multiple ways you can set up email. I will recommend using ActiveSync or IMAP.

Jump to solution

jfinlay18
Grasshopper

Based on the instructions you provided I used ActiveSync and added the accounts back to the old Samsung email program and that worked.  Thank you!

I deleted the accounts out of Outlook and went back to the email app that they were originally in ( and that would not work after the systems update) and added them back into the original email app and was successful in getting pictures to send. I had to change the default  server setting from shaw.ca to wm.shaw.ca.  

This has consumed several days and many hours of  back and forth with Samsung and Outlook. Now we are back on the email program that Samsung had on the phone that would not work after the systems update. 

I lucked upon this forum by accident. These instructions you provided were excellent and user friendly ( except that I kept trying to add the accounts back into Outlook before I realized I should go back to the old email program.)

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help