Jump to solution

Service connection to new house build

ryan_g
Grasshopper

I have a new house build. I'm trying to get Shaw services connected from the street to the house.

I'm not moving my internet/tv services at this time I just want the physical connection made to the external box on the house.

I tried phoning customer support and they were really confused about what to do. They told me there was no Shaw service in that area, even though I had Shaw before rebuilding the house.

Who am I supposed to talk to about this?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Once you go on billing for services, they will send an in...

rstra
Grand Master

Once you go on billing for services, they will send an installer out to add a new drop. Just mention to them that there is no drop installed so they don’t try to get you to do a self install. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Jump to solution

Once you go on billing for services, they will send an in...

rstra
Grand Master

Once you go on billing for services, they will send an installer out to add a new drop. Just mention to them that there is no drop installed so they don’t try to get you to do a self install. 

Jump to solution

-- I had Shaw before rebuilding the house Strange. Does...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ryan_g --  I had Shaw before rebuilding the house

Strange.

Does your service address show up on your Shaw account, or on any of your past Shaw invoices? Through My Shaw, you can retrieve past invoices.

What do you get on this Shaw website, when you enter your address, after clicking "no, I am not a subscriber" ?

Let's make sure we offer services in your area

Please enter service address:

???

It is possible that the Shaw Support agent mis-typed your address, when they tried to verify it?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yes it does say service is available in my area, I had Sh...

ryan_g
Grasshopper

Yes it does say service is available in my area, I had Shaw for 20 years before rebuilding the house.

I guess the support agent entered the wrong address.

Jump to solution

Did you have any success with this? We built a new house...

dwil
Grasshopper

Did you have any success with this? We built a new house in an older area so we need Shaw to connect the services to our home. It has been next to impossible to get this done. It's as though they've either never done this before or they have no system in place to get this done. I contacted them during the build process to avoid delays, telling them what we needed to have done. They said we needed to wait until construction was finished. I set up an installation appointment for the day we moved in and the technician let us know there is nothing he could do as the services weren't connected yet. That was a month ago. We are no closer to having the connection be completed. There is no one you can contact about this, no one to call us back. The customer support let's us know that they are working on it. In the meantime my wife, who works from home is unable to and my daughter is unable to do her homework.  Really not sure what we are supposed to do to get this to work.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The installer should have brought that info back to his o...

rstra
Grand Master

@dwil 

The installer should have brought that info back to his office to get the planner or construction team to get it done. Was there an existing house on the lot before you built, do your neighbours have cable?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks rstra - there was no house previously on this lot....

dwil
Grasshopper

Thanks rstra - there was no house previously on this lot. The neighbors have Shaw cable. The pedestal is approximately 75 feet from the conduit we need it connected to.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I sent you a DM.

rstra
Grand Master

@dwil 

I sent you a DM. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm on month 3 of tryi...

Mwyld
Grasshopper

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm on month 3 of trying to get this done.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Did you ever get this figured out?

Mwyld
Grasshopper

Did you ever get this figured out?

TALK TO US
We're here to help