Shaw Technician a no-show

idiot44
Grasshopper

I had arranged for a Shaw tech to visit my residence to investigate intermittent drop outs of cable, land-line phone, and internet concurrently.  In addition at least two other residents of my condo building experience identical outages.  The tech was supposed to arrive between 11 am and 1 pm, today, Saturday, June 19.  No one showed up, no one called, texted, or emailed to say they were going to be late or not coming at all.  At 2:30 I phoned Shaw to find out what was happening.  The Shaw agent could not say what the problem was and that she would have the tech phone.

At 2 pm I did receive a call from Shaw's service dispatch which quite frankly was near unintelligible.  He must have been using Shaw's mobile phone service.  He subsequently informed me that they were short staffed and no-one would be coming today but someone would show tomorrow, Sunday between 2 and 4.  I am not holding my breath.

The fact that Shaw could not keep their scheduled service appointment is bad enough but to not contact  me to inform me of this problem is beyond belief!  And Shaw calls itself a communication company! Who do I complain to?  The BBB or what?

Labels (2)
7 Replies

-- The tech was supposed to arrive between 11 am and 1 pm...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@idiot44 -- The tech was supposed to arrive between 11 am and 1 pm

Spit happens. Do you have any sympathy for that tech, who probably had a schedule (maybe, first booking at 8 AM, next booking at 9:30 AM, your booking another 90 minute later) that provided service-calls to 2 or 3 bookings ahead of yours?  I'm sure that the customer scheduled for 8 AM would be supremely kissed-off if the technician said "it is now 9:15. I must pack-up, and leave your issue incompletely repaired, in order to be on-time with my 9:30 AM site-visit. Goodbye!". That would not be good customer relations to say/do so.

0 Kudos

No sympathy for technician if they don’t call the customer.

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk No sympathy for technician if they don’t call the customer.

Whether or not I have sympathy for the tech is not the is...

idiot44
Grasshopper

Whether or not I have sympathy for the tech is not the issue here.  It is the lack of communication between Shaw ( a so-called communications company ) and its customers. Shaw, a four letter word starting with the same two letters that needs no further explanation.  I'd move to Telus except they're no better.  Time for the government to start regulating these monopolies that answer to no-one.

0 Kudos

-- Time for the government to start regulating these mono...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@idiot44 -- Time for the government to start regulating these monopolies that answer to no-one

Hmm. a "mono-poly" would imply that Telus and Rogers and SaskTel and MTS and Cogeco do not exist.

You probably meant "oligopoly".

Note that the recent offer by Rogers to purchase Shaw Cablesystems GP is subject to a review by the CRTC.

The CRTC is not "no-one".

0 Kudos

I have had four cancellations. The first two I was contac...

Dutchman7
Grasshopper

I have had four cancellations. The first two I was contacted by Shaw. The last two appointments have both been no show or courtesy phone call. Worst service ever.  Today they gave me a 8am to 8pm window for connections. Like I have nothing better to do and they didn’t even show up. I’m looking at another provider. 

-- I’m looking at another provider.  Go ahead, if you thi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Dutchman7 -- I’m looking at another provider. 

Go ahead, if you think that Telus will be better.  As a "new" Telus customer, you should get "promotional" rates for the first 12 months. Nice!

However, if you currently have a two-year Value Plan contract with Shaw, and cancel that contract, you will pay a penalty of $20/month for each of the remaining months in that two-year contract. Ouch!

P.S. In the past, Telus has offered me that they will pay that $20/month penalty, for all the remaining months, if I were to switch. I would pay the penalty, and would get "Telus credit" to match the penalty, i.e., $20/month discount on my Telus invoices.

0 Kudos

Did they call or do anythibg this weekend sat and today....

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

Did they call or do anythibg this weekend sat and today.  Or call again Monday morning.  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help