Spam

wynford
Grasshopper

Why has SPAM been on the rise again? I'm getting about 2 a day  and I create a filter using Actions and create a filer and then run spam filter in Webmail and it doesn't always work.

If you have SPAM in the JUNK folder can you just delete them without creating a filter or should you still create a filter?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

-- Why has SPAM E-mail been on the rise? Who can explain...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford -- Why has SPAM E-mail been on the rise?

Who can explain the actions of the spammers? 

Did they purchase a new list of E-mail IDs (from some dubious source) ?

Have they changed their focus, from spamming Yahoo IDs to spamming Shaw IDs?

If the spammers physically are south of the Equator, it is the middle of winter for them -- nothing else for them to do (crops have been harvested, et cetera) except to churn away at their computer, sending messages.

For me, the Shaw spam-filters seem to be working -- new incoming messages are being moved into the "Junk" folder, instead of staying in my "inbox" folder.

If you have messages in the JUNK folder can you just delete them?

Yes. Deleting them from that folder is "permanent".

Without more details from you about the filters that you have created & are using, I cannot give any useful advice.

0 Kudos

Wow, farmers are spammers in the off season? 🤣🤣🤣

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk  Wow, farmers are spammers in the off season? 🤣🤣🤣

0 Kudos

If you have messages in the JUNK folder can you just dele...

wynford
Grasshopper

If you have messages in the JUNK folder can you just delete them?

Yes. Deleting them from that folder is "permanent".

Thanks, I've always wondered about that

0 Kudos

-- if you look at your "used NN % of quota" for Shaw WebM...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford -- if you look at your "used NN % of quota" for Shaw WebMail before you "permanently delete", do the "delete", and then look again at the quota, and you should see that you now have more space within your quota.  🙂

Yes, when the summer crop is in, or it's too cold to farm, or it's too early to reseed for the next growing season, some farmers seek other sources -- maybe illegal -- of generating income. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help