Trouble connecting Google Home / Mini / Chrome Cast to new Blue curve modem ( Technicolor 2.2 X6)

sanket_41
Grasshopper

I recently switched to new blue curve wifi. since day one I am having troubles connecting google home to blue curve modem. symptoms are google home responding very slow and some time responds " there was a glitch" some time

" hmm... something went wrong. "

I tried everything resetting modem. changing google home location, rebooting all, uninstalling and reinstalling applications. no help I read at Reddit that new blue curve modems are not compatible with google home..

is there someone else like me? , is this known issue? googlehome

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
29 Replies

Re: Having trouble connecting Google home and google home mini speakers to new Blue curve modem

rstra
Grand Master

I don’t have any suggestions, but I can confirm that the modem does work with my google mini.

0 Kudos

Re: Having trouble connecting Google home and google home mini speakers to new Blue curve modem

sanket_41
Grasshopper

Can you please confirm if you have 2.4 g and 5 g wifi saprasap or both are under same name.? 

0 Kudos

jonnyruzek
Grasshopper

I have the same issue with the gateway and pods. My SSID is the same for both bands, though it seems like this is a common issue with this hardware. Google Home and Chromecast seem to prefer 2.4 GHz over 5 GHz, though if you split up the bands you can't cast from your device if you're not on the same network, and the pods need it to be one SSID to work. I have yet to find a good solution (the dropping/delay is inconsistent), though it likely will be putting the gateway into bridge mode and using a better network setup.

0 Kudos

sanket_41
Grasshopper

Thanks for your input, I was looking into bridging the modem. it's disappointing to find out this new modem won't work with smart devices. even shaw advertise by " Tell your wifi to smarten up".

I was hoping if any firmware update would solve this issue. I will wait for a little if I can find any solution or will buy good wifi router.

0 Kudos

rstra
Grand Master

My Blue Curve modem is currently working fine with; Amazon Alexa, Google Home Mini, Hue,  Sonos, TPlink, Nest and Arlo without any problem. So, it does work with smart devices for me.

rstra
Grand Master

Forgot to mention:

Chromecast

FireTV Stick

Apple TV 

Harmony Remote

shaw-tony

Hey sanket.41 and jonnyruzek,

Thank you for reaching out! I haven't heard of any reports of issues with the Google Home with the BlueCurve Gateway modem. It should work with either setup (merged WiFi spectrums or separated into 2.4/5G networks). I have several smart home devices and can confirm they work with no issues connected to the BlueCurve Gateway and WiFi Pods. 

Do you have the Google Home Mini near the BlueCurve WiFi modem or WiFi pod? Have you tried a factory reset on the Google Home Mini to see if that helps fix the issue? Keep me posted.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

sanket_41
Grasshopper

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your response I have tried following things.

1) factory resetting both home and home-mini speakers, unlinking and linking them with my google home application.

2) changing location of both devices to about 1 meter far from the router

3) factory resetting saw modem, try spilling both bands and without splitting bands.

I read a post from Shaw about incompatibility 

https://www.reddit.com/r/shaw/comments/bf7era/google_home_and_chromecast_not_connected_to_blue/elsi4... 

but some are reporting its working fine. I am trying to figure out how can I be among those who can say I have no trouble connecting them...!

0 Kudos

jonnyruzek
Grasshopper

Yes, I factory reset all Google devices after setting up the pods last week. I have a 1000 sq/ft house and the gateway and pods are all within close proximity to one another. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help