Jump to solution

Login to my.Shaw.ca and change your password there.

rstra
Grand Master

@nimaf 

Login to my.Shaw.ca and change your password there.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- my guess is that Shaw WebMail and the My Shaw Portal "...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@nimaf -- my guess is that Shaw WebMail and the My Shaw Portal "talk" to the same server for authentication.

So, if you are "unable to communicate with login server" from one Shaw app, you probably are "unable to communicate with login server" with the other Shaw app.  This makes it impossible to change the password, except by contacting Shaw (1-888-472-2222).

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Webmail uses email address and password to login to webma...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk Webmail uses email address and password to login to webmail.

“This article explains how to change the password for any Shaw email address. When your email password has been changed, you will be able to access your email in Shaw Webmail.”

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/how-to-change-your-shaw-email-password/ta-p/6430

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

> When your email password has been changed, you will be...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

When your email password has been changed, you will be able to access your email ...

The presumption is that the WebMail web-server is responding, rather than triggering an "unable to connect" message, even when valid ID & password credentials have been submitted.

If you telephone your mother on her birthday, and her telephone-service is not working, you won't be able to connect, even you are using her correct telephone-number. Think of Puerto Rico & Pakistan, where floods have overwhelmed all services -- no electricity, no clean water, flooded basements, no phone services.

Jump to solution

The poster was just asking how to change their password.

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk  The poster was just asking how to change their password. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

/ -- Unable to communicate with login server... 2022.07...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@BARB302 / @KittyRosa --  Unable to communicate with login server... 2022.07.28
> ‎2022-07-28 06:40 AM
> Unable to communicate with login server...

Are you still getting the same error-message?

If you try from a different computer, do you get the same "unable to connect" message?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have this problem constantly. I clear the cache, remove...

XCoach
Grasshopper

I have this problem constantly. I clear the cache, remove all cookies and browsing history, restart my computer and I still get this error message. I even went so far as to change my password incase that was the problem.

"Unable to communicate with login server"

I run my life from my email. It is very important to me and I do not like replying to emails on my phone (which never has a problem communicating with the server).

Please tell me how to fix this .......

Jump to solution

A different Shaw person on the phone suggested opening an...

XCoach
Grasshopper

A different Shaw person on the phone suggested opening an incognito window and getting access to webmail from there.

I will admit that this works but it is a hassle. Incognito windows do not allow extensions and I use Keeper for my passwords extensively. So I have to do most things in a normal window and email in another window. And when I get emails letting me know that I have to pay an invoice or check my calendar or go to a web site then I am constantly switching back and forth. Searching for information to put links into an email means having both windows open. Annoying but at least it is working.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- "Unable to communicate with login server" Yesterday, I...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@XCoach -- "Unable to communicate with login server"

Yesterday, I got that message.  I left the browser-window open. A few hours later, when I returned to the computer, and clicked "Sign In", it worked fine.  So, there is nothing wrong with your computer, your web-browser, or your Shaw Internet connection. The issue was that Shaw's "login server" temporarily was unavailable.

Spit pahhens.  🙂

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

clearing cache and even resetting Edge did not work.

wbourgeois
Grasshopper

clearing cache and even resetting Edge did not work.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help