Jump to solution

-- you have proved that there is nothing wrong with your...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wbourgeois -- you have proved that there is nothing wrong with your computer, which implies that the problem is within Shaw's servers.  The problem at their end seems to be intermittent. 

Jump to solution

This issue is getting more and more prevalent and frustra...

Cloclo
Grasshopper

This issue is getting more and more prevalent and frustrating. Obviously there is a problem with the Shaw Webmail as I do not have any issues with any other service or website. I like how they always blame it on my system and yet judging by the number of people saying they have the same issue, I doubt its my problem. But always easier to say its the customer issue. Having to clear my cache all the time is not a resolution for an issue in todays technology advancement. Maybe 20 years ago. This is supposed to be a technology company of the future and yet they still have archaic issues such as their webmail needing to be cleared. Really Hitech. Example of why the merger should not go through.

Jump to solution

I am about to leave shaw because this is so frustrating....

china100
Grasshopper

I am about to leave shaw because this is so frustrating. Seems to be getting worse everyday. I been over an hour this morning and still can not sign in.

Jump to solution

I have cleared my cache so many times - and I still get t...

BBMM
Grasshopper

I have cleared my cache so many times - and I still get the same error message: Unable to communicate with login server.

Jump to solution

-- I have cleared my cache so many times - and I still ge...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@BBMM -- I have cleared my cache so many times - and I still get the same error message.

If you try to telephone a friend who currently is on vacation in Hawaii, and they do not answer their land-line, do not blame your telephone.  Similarly, "clearing the cache" on your computers/devices is not helpful, because there is nothing wrong at your end. 

Unable to communicate with login server

Shaw's WebMail server is failing to make a timely connection to Shaw's "authentication" server.  That is a problem "inside" Shaw's infrastructure.

Very recently, the number of times that I get the above error-message is noticeably less frequent. In fact, when I get the error-message, I just click "Sign In" again, and I do get logged-in.  Presumably, Shaw has upgraded that "authentication" server, to provide more capacity, and faster responses. It could also be a case of the WebMail server being "impatient" -- not waiting a few extra milliseconds, to receive a response from the authentication server.

Short answer: if you get the error-message, click again on "Sign In".  This works for me.

Jump to solution

This is an ongoing problem.. I have problem just accessin...

Nmhansen
Grasshopper

This is an ongoing problem.. I have problem just accessing the site on Chrome (yes it's updated) and even on Edge I cannot communicate with the server. At least once a day. Very frustrating. I wonder if Telus has this problem

Jump to solution

--  I wonder if Telus has this problem Are you using a "W...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Nmhansen --  I wonder if Telus has this problem

Are you using a "WebMail" interface to your Telus E-mail, or are you using a web-browser to connect to the GMail web-servers? 

One hopes that Google has "scaled-up" GMail to handle its 8000 million (population of this planet) accounts. In comparison, does Shaw have 8 million accounts -- namely 1/100 of the size?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Same here on both my work laptop and my personal and ANY...

The_Bee
Grasshopper

Same here on both my work laptop and my personal and ANY station I use in any of our work sites.  Always the same answer.... "

This page isn’t working

webmail.shaw.ca didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"

Also applies to my S21 (Outlook browser) which has around 100 e-mails waiting TO SEND!! I thought everyone was ignoring me as only 2 weeks ago did I find this huge stash of undelivered items.

Shaw e-mail is busted and needs to be fixed.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- my S21 ... has around 100 e-mails waiting TO SEND!!  M...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@The_Bee -- my S21 ... has around 100 e-mails waiting TO SEND!! 

My guess is that the FIRST of those messages is not deliverable, and that creates the log-jam.

Either DELETE that first message, or move it to a different folder, to see if the remaining messages will instantly be sent.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Sorry - that does not work. Same sh*t, different pile.

trulaw
Grasshopper

Sorry - that does not work. Same sh*t, different pile.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help