So I hope this helps some of you... I'm in IT and one of...

DOSRuler
Grasshopper

So I hope this helps some of you...

I'm in IT and one of my customers was having this same problem. After some troubleshooting, I just decided to try creating a new user profile and it appears the problem is solved.

No offence to any of the other suggestions, everything is helpful when you're trying to get a handle on a problem, but this doesn't appear to be related to Outlook or pop3 or imap... it would appear that it's just a case of something being corrupt in the user's current profile. Hopefully, it stays fixed or there is a whole Windows reload in the client's future. 🙂

Take care and good luck to everyone.

I am having the same issue, and have been using IMAP.  Th...

Scott422
Grasshopper

I am having the same issue, and have been using IMAP.  This happens with larger distribution groups, and if I send the email using ten or fewer names, the email will send ok... truly frustrating.  Suggestions would be helpful.

0 Kudos

This is from my brother who was working with someone with...

khensu
Grasshopper

This is from my brother who was working with someone with the problem:

-------------------------------------------------------
I think I solved the problem .

it was due to the smtp port being set to the old 25 port.

In outlook, go into the account settings and more settings.  

Under the Outgoing Server tab, I had to turn on "My outgoing server (smtp) requires authentication"   and "use same settings as my incoming mail server"

Under the Advanced tab, I changed the smtp port to 587 and TLS.
0 Kudos

I think you are onto something here. I have same problem...

Tatiana2
Grasshopper

I think you are onto something here. I have same problem of limit of 10 recipients, regardless of To/CC line or recipient email server (gmail, outlook etc). 

I set up new computer last year with MS Office 2019, including Outlook, and at that time changed my emails from pop3 to smtp, but maybe made mistake. 

My layout seems to be a bit different than yours: I went to File / Account Settings / Server Settings which gives me a pop up (no tabs).

My incoming mail server is imap.shaw.ca Port 143 with "none" encryption method. My outgoing server settings is mail.shaw.ca Port 25 with "none" encryption method. I see the checkbox for requiring authentication, which I can check. Are you saying to change outgoing port to 587 and add TLS encryption? Did you add encryption to incoming as well? Neither of my server addresses say "smtp", they say "imap" and "mail" -- if this is also part of the problem, is there a list of what servers we should use. SHAW support also essentially hung up on me once I said I was using a desktop email client. 

0 Kudos

Thanks to khensu for pointing us in the right direction!...

Tatiana2
Grasshopper

Thanks to khensu for pointing us in the right direction! Thought I'd post more in detail for anyone still having this problem. And SHAW should absolutely be helping, it's as simple as providing the correct server details that you enter into your email client software/app. They don't have to support the software or tell you how to do it, but at the very least should inform their customers this is the likely problem and then provide the link to their help page. Some email clients do set-up automatically and you may have not seen the options, and some have copied info from previous installations when upgrading computer so you may have older settings in there that are no longer accepted. You need to get into the account and server settings within your email client so you can manually configure the settings. SHAW does have 3 main help pages with general info on the server settings but a lot is duplicated and there are some details missing, which I'll try to fill in. (I am by no means an expert, just did a lot of researching/reading). Most of the info is geared toward encryption/smtp since most people are probably using wifi or cellular network these days vs hardwired ethernet connection (ie. some desktops/laptops), and they don't really explain about the authentication or why you would choose one server over another.

1. https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/how-to-set-up-your-shaw-email/ta-p/6497 
  2. https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/about-pop-and-imap-email-server-settings/ta-p/6731#cont... 
  3. https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/how-to-use-shaw-internet-services-with-microsoft-produc... 

Use SSL/TLS Security for wifi/cell networks so info is encrypted from any interference. Maybe not required if device is connected using ethernet cables to secure router, but still a good idea these days. There is a different port to use depending if you choose encryption or not. May be called Encryption Method (MS Outlook) or Security Protocol.

Use POP3 protocol if you want to download emails to 1 device only / may or may not choose to keep copies on server / sent emails will not be on server/webmail. INCOMING SERVER: pop.shaw.ca and PORT 110 with no encryption or PORT 995 with SSL/TLS Encryption.

Use IMAP/SMTP (IN/OUT) protocols if you want emails on more than 1 device / to be able to sync all emails on all devices with server / keep copies of everything on server. INCOMING SERVER: imap.shaw.ca and PORT 143 with no encryption or PORT 993 with SSL/TLS Encryption.

Whether using pop3 or imap, the same secure smtp server is now used for sending emails. OUTGOING SERVER: mail.shaw.ca and PORT 587 with STARTTLS Encryption ON (*note different type) and CHECK the Authentication Required option for outgoing emails (then select same settings as incoming). The outgoing server using old Port 25 is no longer supported and it seems that baked into the insecure port is a limit of 10 recipients for emails that aren't authenticated.

"SMTP connections on port 25 are only for insecure connections from inside the Shaw network. Any secure connections, whether SSL, TLS, or StartTLS, use port 587 and require password authentication."

"In an effort to help limit spam, many Internet service providers block all traffic to port 25 unless that traffic is directed at one of the service providers’ servers. What this means to you is that if you use an e-mail client (as opposed to webmail) such as Outlook or Thunderbird, and are travelling and/or connected to a different network than you’re used to, you might not be able to send e-mail."

Hope this helps others who find this page by googling the undelivered server error (as I did), or shaw email recipients limited to 10.

I have always used Outlook and lately, getting these erro...

vbergen5
Grasshopper

I have always used Outlook and lately, getting these error reports saying undeliverable. So I set up a group of around 20 people on my Shaw Webmail, and the same thing happened! 

0 Kudos

-- lately, getting these error reports saying undeliverab...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@vbergen5 -- lately, getting these error reports saying undeliverable

Can you send any E-mail to any ID?  If not, then either:

1. Shaw is blocking all E-mail that contains your Shaw E-mail ID in the "From:" field of the message,
  2. Your Outlook configuration needs to be changed to use "smtp.shaw.ca" as your "outgoing" mail-server, whenever your computer is connected (wired/wireless) to your Shaw cable-modem,
  3. The value in your "From:" field is NOT a valid ID -- Shaw blocks E-mail from invalid IDs, e.g., "me@shaaaw.ca".

What is the full text of error-message that you receive?

Look into Outlook's "Outbox" folder -- if there messages that Outlook could not deliver, drag-and-drop the first message into a different folder ("Junk" or "Sent"), to see if Outlook will then try to deliver all the other queued messages.

0 Kudos

I have this issue, too:   450 hteZozdmnkTFZhtecoVULl inte...

GeorgePope
Grasshopper

I have this issue, too:   450 hteZozdmnkTFZhtecoVULl internal error. AUP#SMTP

& I'm not in Outlook, nor do I use it even in the background(it's been deleted from my system). I'm using Pegasus mail(SMTP/POP3) client. 

I've been having this for a while in my sending out a weekly (or so) newsletter & other group mailings.

I've tried all the email settings & options that Shaw suggests on their tech  pages.  My username & password are correct.

Yet I keep getting these error messages back from Shaw's server, when I send to multiple people, using BCC.

Is this Shaw doing , as most seem to be doing, and logging addresses, and balking because the outgoing volume doesn't ,match up with number of visible addressees? (only my own Yahoo(web-based) email address)? I hope not because I pay Shaw, while the others are trying to recoup costs associated with providing a free email service.

The error messages (one email containing multiple listings for a variety of sendees, no discernable(by me) pattern with domains); I'm not accusing..just asking. . .  as it seems to be a quite automated issue by the Shaw servers. Or is it related to Shaw storing email data on USA-based servers, thus coming under the purview of Homeland Security's right to check them? Could their delaying of transit be affecting something on Saw's side, when they circle back to Canada & Shaw's own servers?

0 Kudos

Oops, I left out he introduction to the list of errors (u...

GeorgePope
Grasshopper

Oops, I left out he introduction to the list of errors (using that OP's "450" string:

Delivery has failed on the enclosed message for the following
reasons reported either by the mail delivery system on the mail
relay host or by the local TCP/IP transport module:

0 Kudos

--  AUP#SMTP AUP ==> Appropriate Usage Policy SMTP --> Si...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@GeorgePope --  AUP#SMTP

AUP ==> Appropriate Usage Policy

SMTP --> Simple Mail Transfer Protocol

Shaw is blocking your attempts to send E-mail messages, either based on the IP-address that Shaw has assigned to their cable-modem, or because the E-mail ID in the "FROM:" field of your E-mail messages is triggering their filters.

Experiment: temporarily change the value in the "FROM:" field, and see if you can send an E-mail -- you can create an additional E-mail ID through the My Shaw Portal.

Of course, try contacting Shaw: 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat   to get help.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help