using android email app that syncs to Shaw email account

drmoore
Grasshopper

I have been using the MyMail app on my android, to access my Shaw email on my phone.  Previously, when I read or deleted any messages on my Shaw email via the Shaw webmail site, those changes would be sync'd down to the app on my phone, and also anything I read or deleted via the app was sync'd up to the Shaw webmail account.  Therefore, I only had one "copy" of the email to maintain, and all changes in either place were reflected in the other.  Starting a few days ago the 2 lists are NOT being sync'd.  Any messages read or deleted on the webmail site are not being updated in the app list, and any messages read or deleted in the app are not being updated in the webmail list.  Only new email is being updated to the app.

I checked and the app was not updated recently, so this change was not related to an app update.  So did some feature/setting change with Shaw Email?  Is there a setting I can adjust to get the 2 lists to remain sync'd?  Is there a recommended app that will do this?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Two things jump to my mind: they appear to be upgrading...

mbir
Grasshopper

Two things jump to my mind:

• they appear to be upgrading their servers as confirmed on this post, Webmail upgraded to 8.8?
  • there's a setting you can see in Webmail preferences for Mail -> Access from other Mail Clients about Message downloads that includes a date which might be impacting you

Can't speak to using MyMail app but noticed the second setting one time before (but not your case)

0 Kudos

Thanks for pointing me at the webmail preferences menu....

drmoore
Grasshopper

Thanks for pointing me at the webmail preferences menu.  I didn't see anything with a date under my view of Mail -> Access from other Mail Clients, or any other settings that seemed to change the behaviour.  I did see a Connected Devices and Apps section.  When I add a microsoft exchange client on my phone, then it shows up in the list of devices there, but the pop3 client does not.  I did find during my research, that there is better support for Microsoft Exchange clients than pop3, so maybe they've recently suspended full sync on pop3.  I may have to change apps, but at least I think I know what features I'm looking for now.

0 Kudos

The behaviour you're describing should be what happens if...

shaw-valerie

@drmoore The behaviour you're describing should be what happens if you have your Shaw email account configured in your email client to use IMAP or ActiveSync/Exchange. If you're using POP3, then your email client would download and save a copy of each email to your device, then have another setting to either delete the copy from the server or leave it there. More information on selecting an email setup can be found on this page and all the server info you need is here, if you are looking to change or verify your current settings. Hope that helps! 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help