Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply, Tony. I have done as suggested by...

andrewr2
Grasshopper

Thanks for your reply, Tony.

I have done as suggested by changing my preference with no change. I was pretty confident this would be the case as it appears that my client doesn't even see the email until after the 15 minute delay. I even went so far as to set up another  @shaw email account and it gets delayed as well.

Test emails from everywhere else work fine. According to the headers they go through pretty much instantaneously.

Thanks very much for your time.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Gonna quote you for a couple of seconds: "According to th...

SP3CTRYS
Grasshopper

Gonna quote you for a couple of seconds:
"According to the headers they go through pretty much instantaneously."

"...it appears that my client doesn't even see the email until after the 15 minute delay."

When you say client, are you referring to a third-party email client like Windows 10 mail or Outlook? Or webmail.shaw.ca.

If it is going through instantly but takes 15 minutes to show up in a third-party email client, you will need to check for any refresh settings or filters being used by the client, and your forwarding settings through shaw webmail.

If you are not using webmail.shaw.ca, when you use it directly does the twitch email show up instantly?

If this is happening on the web site, I am out of suggestions 😞

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I was referring to my test emails from sites other that T...

andrewr2
Grasshopper

I was referring to my test emails from sites other than Twitch.

I have tried all manner of clients. Outlook, Shaw Webmail, etc.

Emails from Twitch are the only emails being delayed.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Just adding more of my experience to this issue since my...

gt3000
Grasshopper

Just adding more of my experience to this issue since my last reply.  I just signed up for another Twitch account with a different email (Gmail).  I got the verification code on my Gmail for my new Twitch account instantly.

Jump to solution

Oops! I pressed "Reply" far too soon, and "Edit Reply" is...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Oops! I pressed "Reply" far too soon, and "Edit Reply" is not working for me.

It could be the case that Shaw's mail-server

uses Grey-Listing

with a 15-minute delay, while GMAIL's mail-server either does not use Grey-Listing, or uses a shorter delay-time.

Jump to solution

Yes, this is most likely what is going on. I discovered t...

andrewr2
Grasshopper

Yes, this is most likely what is going on.

I discovered that Amazon actually offers a mail service...go figure.

My theory is that there are probably a lot of shady clients using that service and Twitch's account has gotten caught in the net with a bunch of other spammers by SHAW.

Hopefully, there is a way the SHAW spam filter can be modified to let Twitch through.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

>  to let Twitch through Did you say that the messages ar...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>  to let Twitch through

Did you say that the messages are getting through, and that they are being delayed by 15 minutes?

Have you contacted Twitch, and asked them to change their "time-out" to 20 minutes, i.e., "click here within 20 minutes to ....".

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yes, their messages are getting through just delayed. I h...

andrewr2
Grasshopper

Yes, their messages are getting through just delayed. When I say to get through I mean through the filter.

I have contacted Twitch but haven't heard back yet. They are notoriously slow with support.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

can you DM me your email addresses so I can escalate your...

shaw-tony

@gt3000 @andrewr2 can you DM me your email addresses so I can escalate your examples up. Please send me the email headers as well.

Jump to solution

Sent. Thank you!

andrewr2
Grasshopper

Sent.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help