webmail

diane48
Grasshopper

I cannot find a phone number to talk to you.  My problem is my shaw webmail.  When I go through to delete my old messages it shows that I have used 70% of my allotted space but I do not know where I have used that amount.  My webmail only shows me my messages on Kiwetin@shaw.ca, however, I have six other email addresses with shaw.  How do I read those through webmail. They are all on my MAIL program on my MacBook Air.  I get a lot of emails and would like to free up the space.  Please help or send me a phone number where I can call to get help.

Labels (1)
31 Replies

It really is time for shaw to increase the amount of spac...

Chase910
Grasshopper

It really is time for shaw to increase the amount of space for our email.  It's been the same for like 15 years or more.  Crazy

-- after you delete messages from your "Inbox", select th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@diane48 -- after you delete messages from your "Inbox", select the "Trash" folder, and delete the messages from that folder.

Also, check your "Sent" folder, and prune the largest messages -- the ones with the largest attachments.

Shaw WebMail should let you logon to all seven of your "@shaw.ca" mailboxes.  You get 1 gigabyte of storage for each mailbox.

Contact Shaw at: 1-888-472-2222.

send me your email address.   larry

zork
Grasshopper

send me your email address.   larry

0 Kudos

-- Larry, welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@zork -- Larry, welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. Are you a scammer who is trying to "harvest" E-mail IDs, as the start of an identity-theft attempt?

Use: reportspam@shaw.ca  :-))))

0 Kudos

they are too inexperienced to fix that old machinery. Sin...

marfree
Grasshopper

they are too inexperienced to fix that old machinery. Sinking ship.

-- sinking ship. Please look to the horizon, to see the M...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@marfree -- sinking ship.

Please look to the horizon, to see the Motor Vessel Ted Rogers coming to rescue all the Shaw customers from your ship.  Rogers might get permission (from the Federal Government) to board your ship on March 31, 2023, although that bureaucratic deadline has "slipped" many times. As you board the Ted Rogers, you might get a coupon for 6 months of Disney+ for free ($11.99/month after those 6 months).

P.S. Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion group, where volunteers try to help.

Ted-Rogers-statue.jpg

0 Kudos

The fact that Shaw is so restrictive in how much space it...

RK2022
Grasshopper

The fact that Shaw is so restrictive in how much space it allows us to store our data is quite pathetic.  

One of the selling points of emails services was in my opinion was to reduce the use of paper from an environmental standpoint.  By forcing users to delete ’sent’ emails that have important attachments is detrimental to us retaining our “historical” information for potential legal purposes and now forces users to print off pertinent information or lose it.  

Shaw’s whole email system needs a much a serious upgrade.   Are the rumours true that Shaw is trying to eventually eliminate their emIl service?  

Shaw residential email is just that, if you have importan...

rstra
Grand Master

@RK2022  Shaw residential email is just that, if you have important documents that need to be saved, I would suggest a cloud based file system, there really is no need to print. 

No, Shaw isn’t going to eliminate their email service, they are focussed on getting the Rogers merger completed. 

0 Kudos

-- forcing users to delete ’sent’ emails that have import...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@RK2022 -- forcing users to delete ’sent’ emails that have important attachments is detrimental to us retaining our “historical” information 

A bypass is available, when using Shaw WebMail:

1. Open WebMail, and look at bottom-left, to see the message that lists your usage of your "quota"
  2. Select and open the "Sent Items" folder
  3. Open the message with the large/important attachment
  4. Download the attachment into a folder on your computer
  5. Click to remove the attachment
  6. Close the message
  7. Open the message, to see that the attachment has been removed
  8. Look again at that "quota" message, to see that you now have more room within your quota
  9. Repeat from #3, above, for other messages

Make an external backup of the folder you used in #4, above.

QED

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help