This is fine if you live in Ontario.  BlueCurve Pods are...

Jen123
Grasshopper

This is fine if you live in Ontario.  BlueCurve Pods are not available in Manitoba.  If you can't provide a solution you should at least provide some suggestions to fix the problem.  Leaving customers to fend for themselves is not quality customer service...in my opinion. 

First and foremost, if you have distance or coverage issu...

visiter555
Grasshopper

First and foremost, if you have distance or coverage issue do not use a Wi-Fi connected extender. Just think that one over. 

maje sure you have an Ethernet drop in the weak Wi-Fi area and buy an extender that links to your existing router via Ethernet.  Now you extender is connected st full duplex to your router which exceeds the current Wi-Fi speed.  Your throughput will be exactly the same or higher if you use Shaw’s Wi-Fi on their router. Most third party extenders or Access Points blow away the Shaw equipment. 

Most name brand extenders are far more reasonably priced than the low budget equipment Shaw utilizes. They are relatively easy to install and the mfgs provide 90 days of tech support. NetGear, TP-Link, D-Link, Cisco (LinkSys) are good products. 

Buy one which allows you to use the same SSID across all devices allowing you to move areas in the house without losing your current connection.  

Google Mesh is actually a surprisingly great product. Ver...

guitarcoey2
Grasshopper

Google Mesh is actually a surprisingly great product. Very stable and they handoff seamlessly to whichever hotspot will give you the best connection even as you move around the house. Put the Shaw modem in bridge mode and forget about their internal wi-fi.

There should be a lot leftover, as no one here in BC want...

Naneki
Grasshopper

There should be a lot leftover, as no one here in BC wants to pay $10 a month!

This is exactly what I want to do so I appreciate you com...

t-man403
Grasshopper

This is exactly what I want to do so I appreciate you commenting on this!

0 Kudos

I just recently bought a used TP-Link AC1750 to use as a...

ChantL
Grasshopper

I just recently bought a used TP-Link AC1750 to use as a secondary router to hopefully extend the WiFi in our basement. I was told NOT to bridge the Shaw Bluecurve as I don’t want to disable the WiFi upstairs. Any idea how you set your router up? I am not tech savvy at all and I’m having one heck of a time. If you can offer any step by step instructions I’d certainly appreciate them!

0 Kudos

--  If you can offer any step by step instructions, I’d c...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ChantL --  If you can offer any step by step instructions, I’d certainly appreciate them!

I know that you received such instructions in a reply to your other question on this discussion forum. Did those instructions work for you? If not, where did you get "stuck" ?

0 Kudos

wrote:  There should be a lot leftover, as no one he...

rickatk
Master

@PurpleRaven  wrote: 

There should be a lot leftover, as no one here in BC wants to pay $10 a month!

After much anticipation for MESH Wi-Fi and greater anticipated Wi-Fi demands I expected coming down the pipe, I researched all the cool products out there.

NetGear, Google, Ubiquity, Plume and more, I settled on Shaw Gateway and Pods. I like the convenience of the BlueCurve home networking software and lots of support from Shaw.

Tired of buying expensive home networking gear, I chose to rent. I have been very happy with renting. The Blue Curve Gateway and Pods are doing a good job. Warranty, upgrades and support are no longer a concern.

When I look back at how much cash I have laid out on networking gear, the economics of rent v buy is arguable.

Hi.  So I reset the router and restarted the modem (Bluec...

ChantL
Grasshopper

Hi.  So I reset the router and restarted the modem (Bluecurve) and decided to start from the beginning.  It seems to have worked now although I'm a bit apprehensive in trusting I did everything correctly!  I'll cross my fingers and wait and watch.  The detailed instructions I received were very good and helpful.  I just followed them in combination with the support from the TP-Link website and seems all is good!  Thanks everyone!!!

How big is your home?  I have two levels.  main level is...

christinec
Grasshopper

How big is your home?  I have two levels.  main level is about 1570 sq ft.

TALK TO US
We're here to help