-- The wifi with an iphone works around 800mbps but anyth...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@robfx -- The wifi with an iphone works around 800mbps but anything wired is 150mbps now

So, Shaw's cable-modem is receiving at 800 Mbps, and the modem's WiFi-adapter and your computer's WiFi adapter are communicating at 800 Mbps.  That is almost what it should be. The theoretical maximum is 940 Mbps. Remember that one megabit is 1024 bits. So 940 megabits is 1,000,000,000 bits -- what your modem is configured to receive. Think "one yard" versus "one meter" -- roughly the same, but not identical.

Try a different "CAT 5e" or "CAT 6" Ethernet cable. Try measuring using a different computer.

0 Kudos

It's now 2023 and the same thing is still happening. Let...

Jasta
Grasshopper

It's now 2023 and the same thing is still happening. Let me tell you what happens. I NEVER get the speeds they have been charging me up the wazzoo for in the last 15 years, Until i contact support, and they reset my modem. ONLY then will i get the speed I'm paying for (which is now the (1 gig program). I got the new modem as well, and I do get the speeds, so it's not anything to do with my building or my modem or even my computer. It's SHAW and their bottleneck services. There are no outages or work being done. I've checked everything before contacting them YET another time. 

Recently, they updated their email client/server and I lost emails. They don't know how, and told me they can't retrieve ..meanwhile I've had these emails since day 1, 15 years or so now, and I've used them for my banking institution and other important bills I now pay online, since becoming disabled.  There are so many issues with Shaw i'm at my wits end with paying almost $200 a month on my limited budget for speeds I NEVER GET other than once a month and Shaw refuses to issue any kinds of refund or lower my bill or anything. I'm totally frustrated and disgusted at this point. 

0 Kudos

-- paying almost $200 a month on my limited budget  One o...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jasta -- paying almost $200 a month on my limited budget 

One of the effects of the Rogers/Shaw merger is listed as being an extension of Rogers lower rate for low-income seniors as being extended to current Shaw customers, as the customers get migrated to Rogers.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help