Why can't I access my account?

jeanalton
Grasshopper

I have tried to access my account for months now. All I ever get is  " wait while we retrieve your account information ". Well, I'm still waiting ! Your web site is so frustrating; nothing on it works properly. I've recently changed my whole programming, but it's impossible to see my bill. I'd like to be able to see it a few days before it is due so I have those days to get it through my bank. Then perhaps I won't  be charged  by Shaw as has  happened .    Jean Alton

Mod Edit: Removed personal information

Labels (1)
10 Replies

Re: Why can't I access my account?

shaw-tony

Hey jeanalton,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the delay in response. The forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. I am very sorry to hear of your frustrations. I'd recommend reaching out to customer support if you are still experiencing some troubles accessing your account online.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Please correct this problem...

Nancy2
Grasshopper

Please correct this problem...

0 Kudos

are you seeing the same error message? I haven't seen any...

shaw-tony

@Nancy2 are you seeing the same error message? I haven't seen any other reports of this problem. Can you try opening it in another browser or through the MyShaw App?

I am experiencing the same issue today on both my.shaw.ca...

tessies
Grasshopper

am experiencing the same issue today on both my.shaw.ca and the My Shaw App where I receive an error message... I have exhausted all options/performed tests (as per suggestions posted re: this issue on several threads) all to no avail: refreshing the my.shaw.ca page, closing & restarting the My Shaw app, restarting both my PC & Cell, creating a new Shaw ID & attempting to sign in with that, selecting 'desktop site' vs. mobile, using an up-to-date version of Chrome, Firefox, IE and even the Samsung Internet App, ran a few tests on my Wifi connections (all is working per usual), etc., etc., etc. 

0 Kudos

-- from your list, you seem to have tried everything othe...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@tessies -- from your list, you seem to have tried everything other than contacting Shaw (online-chat or telephone) to see if there is a problem at their end with your Shaw account.  Have you been paying your monthly Shaw bills?

Can you get a friend to try to logon to My Shaw with their ID/password on your computer? (Of course, they should logout when done.)

Or, can you logon to My Shaw with your ID/password on their computer?

0 Kudos

What is the error message?

rstra
Grand Master

What is the error message?

0 Kudos

>>> All I ever get is wait while we retrieve your account...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>>> All I ever get is wait while we retrieve your account information

> What is the error message?

Hmm. 🙂

0 Kudos

>>> wait while we retrieve your account information.   --...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>>> wait while we retrieve your account information

@Nancy2 -- you will receive this message only after submitting a valid "Shaw ID" and its correct password.

So, what device (iPad, Apple notebook, PC notebook, PC desktop, smart-phone) are you using?

Presumably, you have the current version of the Operating System for your device. Correct?

What web-browser are you using?

Presumably, you have the current version of whatever web-browser for your device. Correct?

Do you have an alternate web-browser to try?

If you logon to My Shaw on a friend's computer, does that message get replaced (after 5 to 10 seconds) by your account information?

If everything above is OK, then contact Shaw (online chat or telephone), because the problem must be at their end.

0 Kudos

-- I have exhausted all options/performed tests You seem...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@tessies -- I have exhausted all options/performed tests

You seem to have tried everything that is possible, other than contacting Shaw (www.shaw.ca/chat) or 1-888-472-2222.

It's been a while. Do you still have the problem? 

Have you been paying your Shaw invoices at your bank, by having the teller debit your account, and, of course, crediting Shaw?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help