Why such long wait times for support

caddy500
Grasshopper

I've been on hold AGAIN for shaw support for hours. They always say "it's just very busy right now" But it's always like this so why don't you add more support since there is always a demand. My whole household is down and I can never get help.  This is beyond frustrating. I have better things to do than sit on hold.

Labels (1)
7 Replies

Hi  ,  Yes phone support can be lengthy at times and othe...

g-idk
Master

Hi @caddy500 ,  Yes phone support can be lengthy at times and other times boom right away.  Have you had any success with the chat function since that is supposed to be the preferred method of contacting support, either thru the blue chat button located on the lower right side of your screen while you are reading these posts, or they recommend also social media chat function such as X (formally twitter) or messenger, both of those links are located under this page near the bottom with the heading TALK TO US ,  don't know if this will help but maybe give one of them a try.   

0 Kudos

Actually I'm on hold for both chat and messenger and tele...

caddy500
Grasshopper

Actually I'm on hold for both chat and messenger and telephone support.  Going on 3 hours now. It's always the same. Why doesn't shaw hire more support if there is always a multi hour wait.

0 Kudos

you know what's really funny - the website kicks me out f...

MLJ
Grasshopper

you know what's really funny - the website kicks me out for inactivity long before i get a chat response and i have to start over 

0 Kudos

wrote: the website kicks me out for inactivity long befor...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MLJ wrote: the website kicks me out for inactivity long before i get a chat response

Just use the "refresh" feature of your web-browser (it might be the "F5" keyboard key). It will reload the underlying (Shaw) web-page, and the "chat" window will resume, right where it was -- no need to "start over".

0 Kudos

wrote: Why doesn't Shaw hire more support ? What is their...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@caddy500 wrote: Why doesn't Shaw hire more support ?

What is their bigger problem: 

• recruiting/hiring staff, or
  • training their existing staff to be productive with "migrated-from-Shaw" customers,
  • training their new hires to help the Rogers "legacy" customers,
  • being on a strict "budget" mandated from the top-level financial directors ?

Hmm.

Maybe, the recent (June 1) increase in BC's minimum wage ($17.40) might help attract new employees.

0 Kudos

I actually switched from Shaw to Telus for this very reas...

defrederick1
Grasshopper

I actually switched from Shaw to Telus for this very reason. I had an issue with Shaw that didn't get resolved after 4 house calls (and the prerequisite waits on hold trying to get support). It's bringing back bad memories waiting on hold again for my mother-in-law.

0 Kudos

wrote  actually switched from Shaw to Telus ... I have mo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@defrederick1 wrote  actually switched from Shaw to Telus ...

I have motion-detectors in my home, installed by ADT, but Telus recently purchased ADT.

Recently, I had a flashing yellow lamp on the keypad, indicating "communication problem" -- the system could not "call home" to connect to Telus' monitoring centre, if/when an alarm was tripped.  I telephoned Telus, and waited "on hold" for 25 minutes, before my mobile-phone's battery ran out of power.  Not good service by Telus, even in the middle of the day.  So, YMMV.