wifi plugs not recognizing 2.4

mrpeeperz
Grasshopper

I am having issues getting my wifi plugs to work when I have it set with both networks as 1 name. if I split them I can connect super easy. any work arounds on this? brand new xb7 modem

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

I am having a similar problem with my Budweiser Red Light...

rickatk
Master

I am having a similar problem with my Budweiser Red Light. This 2.4 device is not connecting to my dual band  XB7 modem. Even splitting the channel is not working. My other 2.4 devices are connecting fine.

0 Kudos

Hey there!   - Since your Budweiser Red Light did not con...

shaw-monica

Hey there! @rickatk  - Since your Budweiser Red Light did not connect to the 2.4 even after splitting the channel, it is possible the device is not compatible. But to double-check for anything from our side, please get in touch with our support team at https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us and they can dive into it with you.

@mrpeeperz  - Seeing as the splitting of the network connected your wifi plugs to the 2.4, that would be the best option, otherwise I would also recommend contacting our support team to take a 2nd look into it with you via the link provided above to see if they have any suggestions for a workaround.

0 Kudos

Hey there shaw-monica: Thanks for the tip. I spent some t...

rickatk
Master

Hey there shaw-monica: Thanks for the tip. I spent some time with support and we gave it a good go isolating the bands etc. All is good on the connections etc. Seems the Budweiser light V2/3 is no longer supported. I will continue dealing with Budweiser for a solution. Hopefully a replacement newer light. The Budlight I have uses IMP Blinkup to connect to a 2.4ghz band. It worked quiet well for a couple years. The newest version uses a more conventional smart home connection protocol which looks very common in iOS at least. The support session was very good though. I am still amazed how all this works and how the people in the back end can work on things remotely. By network is back to dual band beam forming mode and working properly. 

Cheers.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help