work arounds for gateway mode

freeborn
Grasshopper

Just wondering if there will be any plans to allow users to connect the wireless tv 4k boxes to our own router or come up with a solution that we do not have to run the bluecurve in gateway mode?  The software in the bluecurve device is lacking (i mean really lacking)...I would prefer to run my own router and just set this in Bridge mode...but I cant because I am running your wireless tv boxes.

Is my only solution is to run in a double nat config?  (which isnt recommended but would be a heck of lot better than what is provided on the gateway)

In my previous setup (older doccis modem)  I was able to have 2 ip's after switching to the Bluecurev, I seem to have lost my second IP.  Is it possible to get this back?  This was beneficial for work purposes.  If the Bluecurve doesn't support issuing a second ip, is it possible to add an additional modem/router to get this back?

Are there any plans on improving the Bluecurve device software?...just to give users some more options/functionality? (at the least items like verbose logging)  I understand the requirement of simplicity so it is easy for someone non tech savvy, but I believe the savvy and somewhat savvy are outnumbering the non savvy by now.

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
3 Replies

I have the same problem. Wifi coverage is poor in my base...

Davidjh141
Grasshopper

I have the same problem. Wifi coverage is poor in my basement and corners of my house. Couldnt get a wired portal for 6 weeks so I upgraded to wireless TV boxes. 

Now I'm stuck with TV signals that flicker or intermittently drop, and wifi which sucks at the corners of my house. Cant put the shaw router in bridge mode or I lose the TVs, so a mesh network is useless.

If shaw doesnt do something about this soon I'll be going elsewhere for service 

0 Kudos

A previous thread on this forum by "Moderator shaw-Valeri...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

A previous thread on this forum by "Moderator shaw-Valerie" states:

2019-09-04 10:34 AM -- BlueCurve pods are available to extend your WiFi range.

Of course, put each pod "halfway" between your BlueCurve box and the device with the poorest signal.

0 Kudos

For sure! I can definitely understand where you’re coming...

shaw-anthony

@freeborn For sure! I can definitely understand where you’re coming from. We certainly want you to have the best experience possible with your equipment. Just to be transparent with you, we currently don’t have an ETA on if/when the wireless boxes will be compatible in bridge mode. Reviewing your account, it looks like you already have an 2nd IP enabled. In order to access two IP's, the modem must be in bridged mode (no passthrough feature).

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help