XB6 Red Light of death...

loxvolsungxki
Grasshopper

So ive been loving shaw since 2012 but ever since ive upgraded to this XB6 Drcember 1st 2018 internet with shaw has been a constant headache. Have had the XB6 replaced twice.

Once or twice a week I have to take a pin, reset, and go through the whole process of setting it up again. Techs constantly say "it's working on our end" and get me to rinse and repeat this process. Is this seriously what the next two years of a contract with shaw is going to be? I'm so tired of waiting on a phone or chat for a tech to have me re-live this issue every week. Can anyone in the community provide solid suggestions? 

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
22 Replies

Re: XB6 Red Light of death...

shaw-tony

Hey loxvolsungxki,

Thank you for reaching out! I am very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you've been experiencing. I haven't heard of any reports of this specific issue. If the signal to your modem is solid, the LED should stay solid white. Do you have any 3rd party equipment connected to the modem such as a switch or a router? Does the issue happen during specific times or is it random every week?

Keep me posted,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

loxvolsungxki
Grasshopper

No 3rd party EQ at all.

Random every single week.

Still happening constantly.

Shaw refuses to suport their product

Trapped in a two year contract with no service provided

0 Kudos

loxvolsungxki
Grasshopper

Used my devkit to find out the issue is the ipv4 and ipv6 both keep trying to conect at the same time. Does anybody know how to turn off the ipv6 i called arris and they don't support the xb6 they told me SHAW has to turn off the IPV6 for me

Its BS, I’m in the same boat and agreed Shaw is not doing...

JayMclaughlan
Grasshopper

Its BS, I’m in the same boat and agreed Shaw is not doing their end of the 2 year “contract”.  Wish I never got this BlueCurve stuff.  It’s agony trying to work fro home on this system.

what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? It is l...

shaw-tony

@JayMclaughlan what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? It is likely a signal related issue.

0 Kudos

Everything, unplug coax, them power, wait 5 minutes, plug...

JayMclaughlan
Grasshopper

Everything, unplug coax, them power, wait 5 minutes, plug coax in, turn power on, done that about 100 times.  Flipped the coax cable, tried another outlet in the house, reset the modem with a paper clip a few times, them modem shows up but it has no internet connection and non of my TVs work.  I’ve called into Shaw I’ve had a technician here, I’ve v en on chat many many times for HOURS.  I’m on an a “priority” list, which I have my doubts really exists.  Anyways since March 20 I’ve had wifi and TV for maybe 3 days...spend most of my “work from home” days resetting the modem and praying I may get a blip of internet, I’m a teacher and this “working from home” escapes me due to no internet.  My 18gb or cellular data are almost spent and I have 22 days till that resets.  Good times, I’ve basically given up and will just patiently wait till Sunday at 4 in the afternoon for another technician to show up.  Earliest time I can get someone here unless this “priority” thing happens. Lol!!  The last technician said the signal was strong and just gave me a new modem, doing exactly the same thing as the last modem.  I’m beginning to think that technician just didn’t want to mess around with the overhead lines.

thank you for trying those steps. Yes, those definitely a...

shaw-tony

@JayMclaughlan thank you for trying those steps. Yes, those definitely are best to be handled by our technicians. How did your service visit go?

0 Kudos

Been going through this since I sighed up to this service...

15478c2
Grasshopper

Been going through this since I sighed up to this service with Shaw in November 

everything u say is what I’m going through. Ever time a tech comes out they replace this or that and say yup everything is working yet it isn’t. Literally as soon as they leave repeat cycle. 
then I’m waiting again for a tech to come in 3 weeks!

> My 18gb [of] cellular data are almost spent and I have...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> My 18gb [of] cellular data are almost spent and I have 22 days till that resets.  

Does your smart-phone have "dual SIM" -- two SIM cards?

Or, is your smart-phone "unlocked", so that you can remove the current SIM, and insert a new SIM from any "pay-as-you-go" provider, such as Petro Canada Mobility, and pay them for a month (22 days) of service? Obviously, paying extra is a "bypass", not a "solution".

Are you using any coaxial-cable splitters that you can temporarily bypass? Such devices can fail.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help