-- as soon as I leave Abbotsford the service is spottie T...

mdk
Grand Master

@kellykellaway -- as soon as I leave Abbotsford the service is spottie

That's why Shaw Mobile offers the "Nationwide" network -- a contract with other cell-phone companies, to provide free "roaming" coverage. Your smart-phone may automatically switch from "Shaw" to "Nationwide" cellular-networks. If it does not, just manually set your smart-phone to connect to "Nationwide" (cell-phone towers owned by Rogers/Bell/Telus).

> I will spend a day in court over this But hands down I will win

If it is BC Small Claims Court, and if you win, you will be on your own to collect on any monetary award. That may not be easy!

0 Kudos

Garbage for sure. The coverage is limited. No service in...

RandyW47
Grasshopper

Garbage for sure. The coverage is limited. No service in Costco Kelowna. Dropped calls and 3G network. I’ll be looking for another carrier ASAP.

0 Kudos

-- Dropped calls and 3G network Maybe, the physical mater...

mdk
Grand Master

@RandyW47 -- Dropped calls and 3G network

Maybe, the physical materials used in the construction of that Walmart are blocking your phone?

From: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/mobile-articles/shaw-mobile-coverage/ta-p/20371

Built and managed by Shaw, we offer an extensive 4G LTE network across Alberta, British Columbia, and Ontario.

You may be connected to our 3G, LTE, or Extended Range LTE networks, depending on your location and phone’s capabilities.

So, what mobile-phone do you currently use, and what are its capabilities?

From: Shaw Mobile - Nationwide Network Coverage - Cell Phone Signal Map for Kelowna:

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos

good luck in court and hope shaw loes alot of money and y...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

good luck in court and hope shaw loes alot of money and your business.  are you going to sue for violation of contract for tv and internet?  

0 Kudos

Is switching an issue then? I have seen many comments abo...

augustchild
Grasshopper

Is switching an issue then? I have seen many comments about people switching to the nationwide network. Is that a bad thing??

0 Kudos

-- It seems a "good thing" that Shaw has done the work (c...

mdk
Grand Master

@augustchild -- It seems a "good thing" that Shaw has done the work (contracting with their competitors to "share" the cell-phone towers) to make that "Nationwide" network available to their Shaw Mobile customers.

0 Kudos

I recently switched to Shaw, and seem to have no mobile c...

Phil53
Grasshopper

I recently switched to Shaw, and seem to have no mobile coverage.  When I leave my house with the Wifi, I have no connection.

0 Kudos

-- I recently switched to Shaw, and seem to have no mobil...

mdk
Grand Master

@Phil53 -- I recently switched to Shaw, and seem to have no mobile coverage.  

That is not a lot of information to work with.

Presumably, the Shaw Mobile network is available where you live (where?) or else they would not have signed you up.

Take your mobile phone back to where you signed-up to Shaw Mobile, and get them to trouble-shoot.

As mentioned above, see: https://www.shawmobile.ca/en-CA/network-coverage

and zoom-in for your location, to see the coverage.

0 Kudos

I signed up because of the price. Network coverage at our...

ronbro1950
Grasshopper

I signed up because of the price.

Network coverage at our RV park near New Norway, Ab is pathetic at best. Maximum of 1 bar if we are lucky.

Very concerned as this is where I spend most of the summer.

Ron Brown - Silver Creek Golf Course, New Norway, AB

0 Kudos

Shaw Mobile doesn’t have service in New Norway, only Nati...

rstra
Grand Master

@ronbro1950 Shaw Mobile doesn’t have service in New Norway, only Nationwide coverage.

0 Kudos