Activated Disney+ Account Not Recognized After Replacing Faulty PVR

SL9
Grasshopper

Had problem with PVR and so replaced it with another PVR. When I tried to connect to Disney+, Disney+ did not  recognize my account. Since I had already activated my free Disney+ subscription with Rogers, there is no 'Activate' button appearing in myshaw.ca. It just shows 'subscribed'. Contacted Rogers Technical Support who had no solution to this problem. I would have thought Support could have unsubscribed me and make the 'Activate' button appear again. Instead I was told to contact Disney+ Customer Support. 

Thankfully Disney+ Support was more helpful. I did have to take screenshots of my Disney+ subscription screen within myshaw.ca.  That screenshot showed my Subscription ID and the date it was activated, and so was proof of my subscription. I also had to identify the email account that I used as my Disney+ account. Then Support had to do a transfer of subscription back to my Disney+ account. 

I'm sharing this info so others with this problem won't have to waste time with Rogers Technical Support. Also it took over an hour for Disney+ Support to figure out the problem. But I will give Disney+ Support credit for not giving up in figuring out how to resolve my issue.

I do think that Rogers should have a better solution since it's not inconceivable that a customer would have to replace a faulty PVR.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos