All 'recorded' shows have been erased and my 'scheduled' shows are gone too

juno909
Grasshopper

Turned on the tv this morning to watch a recorded show and under 'recordings' it reads 'No recordings as of yet'. All my recorded shows have been erased and the 'schedule' shows 'nothing scheduled for the next 14 days'. I didn't delete them, they were all there last night. I checked the other 2 boxes and same thing. Also, no option to check deleted shows in 'recordings'. It's like they've been wiped clean. Anyone else have this happen? I'm on BlueCurve, using three 4K wireless boxes (Xi6).

Labels (2)
12 Replies

Have you checked your Blue Curve TV app to see if the sho...

rickatk
Master

@juno909 

Have you checked your Blue Curve TV app to see if the shows are still on the server for your account?

Try syncing your devices with the cloud PVR. The command is viewable in the box interface under settings>device settings>sync PVR  

I download the app and checked that, no shows or schedule...

juno909
Grasshopper

I download the app and checked that, no shows or schedule was listed. I followed your steps to sync my devices with cloud PVR and that did bring back my scheduled recordings, however all my previous recorded shows are still gone. Is it safe to say they're gone for good? No idea how they got wiped out. Is it possible something on SHAW's end triggered this?

0 Kudos

I ran into this a few times with the Shaw Gateway and onc...

rickatk
Master

@juno909 wrote:

I download the app and checked that, no shows or schedule was listed. I followed your steps to sync my devices with cloud PVR and that did bring back my scheduled recordings, however all my previous recorded shows are still gone. Is it safe to say they're gone for good? No idea how they got wiped out. Is it possible something on SHAW's end triggered this?

I ran into this a few times with the Shaw Gateway and once with the BlueSky gear. I wonder with the Cloud PVR service Shaw could do a recovery of your shows. You might want to call in and speak to technical support. Glad to hear at least your scheduled recordings are still in tact, saves you a bit of work.

I just spoke with a SHAW rep and was told this is a curre...

juno909
Grasshopper

I just spoke with a SHAW rep and was told this is a current issue they are aware of, "recordings being automatically erased". They are working on it with no ETA. I was told it is a national technical issue they are working on. Also, they are not able to recover from cloud.

One way to rebuild your PVR library is set your TV shows...

rickatk
Master

@juno909 wrote:

I just spoke with a SHAW rep and was told this is a current issue they are aware of, "recordings being automatically erased". They are working on it with no ETA. I was told it is a national technical issue they are working on. Also, they are not able to recover from cloud.

One way to rebuild your PVR library is set your TV shows to “all episodes.” That way as the shows come around to re-runs or are shown on different channels they will be captured. I found it didn’t take long for the episodes to return. It’s not as good as a “restore” but that approach does work.

0 Kudos

This worked perfectly for me. They are all back. Cheers!

Lolosan
Grasshopper

This worked perfectly for me. They are all back. Cheers!

0 Kudos

Sync pvr

Lolosan
Grasshopper

Sync pvr 

0 Kudos

It happened to me right before my eyes. My STB was on, I...

DouglasD
Grasshopper

It happened to me right before my eyes. My STB was on, I was watching a show, & without ANY warning the TV screen went blank, & a message came up saying it was formatting my HDD on the PVR. Well we all know what that means. The hard disk will be erased. Also there was a warning not to shut off the PVR while the formatting takes place. It all took only a few seconds, & then all of my recorded shows were gone. Just like the others, and I had to remember which shows were scheduled so I wouldn't miss any in the future. I don't think it's got anything to do with Blue Curve. More likely a glitch that came in with the latest version update.

0 Kudos

rstra
Grand Master

@DouglasD 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help