This was never an issue before changing to Shaw Blue curv...

Pcd_design
Grasshopper

This was never an issue before changing to Shaw Blue curve. If I’m watching something I’ve recorded- why on earth can’t I pause the show indefinitely like I could before?

Today’s TV’s don’t burn..ans if it’s recording content there shouldn’t be any logical reason why it should end the “pause” and return to live tv. 

Shaw, please correct this. Along with returning the skip feature for commercials like I had with previous Gateway system.
Why would switching to a newer system result in these poor UI issues for your customers? Who’s beta testing for you?

-- the skip feature for commercials  Just "talk" into you...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Pcd_design -- the skip feature for commercials 

Just "talk" into your BlueCurve remote-control: skip forward 30 seconds

There is a way to "program" your remote to temporarily set the number of seconds to 30, but contributors to this forum have reported that the remote "reverts" to the longer skip-time, after some action.

0 Kudos

Mine does that too and it is super annoying. It’s only my...

wickedfairy
Grasshopper

Mine does that too and it is super annoying. It’s only my bedroom one that does it though. The main one doesn’t 

0 Kudos

Have you tried rebooting the BlueCurve portal in your bed...

shaw-daniel

@wickedfairy Have you tried rebooting the BlueCurve portal in your bedroom by following these steps? If you need further assistance, please reach out to our tech support team at shaw.ca/contact-us

0 Kudos

Yes many times. I think I need a new portal.I called Shaw...

wickedfairy
Grasshopper

Yes many times. I think I need a new portal.I called Shaw once and they said it’s normal, it’s on standby, 

0 Kudos

This is crazy annoying. Often we pause our TV show yo tak...

hurstogram
Grasshopper

This is crazy annoying. Often we pause our TV show yo take a phone call. 1p minutes later the TV comes back on blaring and we have to find the remote a d then mute the TV. Then we have to go back into recordings and find what we were watching and resume from there. Coming from telus optik, this is a major frustration. Telus's who PVR eco system so far ahead of Shaw's its crazy. I think once telus gets with the program and offers Fiber in our neighborhood we'll jump back to Telus. We have had so many issues (audio sync goes all wacky sometimes, pause feature - live TV automatically resume) etc etc

Hi Daniel,   Is there any plan to change blue curve so th...

sstrombe
Grasshopper

Hi Daniel,

Is there any plan to change blue curve so that you can at least choose to pause indefinitely (like in the preferences)?  I also tried solving this by extending the screen saver to the max time, but if I pause a recorded show for more that a few minutes it restarts and goes back to live TV and I have to navigate back to the recorded show I was watching and resume it.  It's quite annoying.

Cant speak for Daniel, but I think it is because  it is c...

rstra
Grand Master

@sstrombe 

Cant speak for Daniel, but I think it is because  it is cloud based, pausing programs indefinetly wouldn’t be possible.

0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing your BlueCurve TV viewing experience....

shaw-daniel

@sstrombe Thanks for sharing your BlueCurve TV viewing experience. Please submit this feedback to extend the period of pausing recorded shows by filling out a form, “Your Voice”, on our website here. We can share it with the appropriate stakeholders, and your suggestion for the BlueCurve TV features will be tracked and reported on.

OK thanks I have done that.

sstrombe
Grasshopper

OK thanks I have done that.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help