Jump to solution

-- he said that it is steaming from the cable system I'l...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dfaminoff78 -- he said that it is steaming from the cable system

I'll bet that all the hot-under-the-collar Shaw customers on your street are also steaming angry.   🙂

> under the road 

Finally, it's good to hear that problem is:

1. identified
  2. not your cable-modem
  3. not your coaxial cable connected to your BlueCurve
  4. not the cables inside your walls
  5. not a bad coaxial-splitter inside Shaw's "demarcation box"
  6. not a frayed/kinked coaxial-cable from that box to the nearest telephone pole
  7. not a fallen tree that has downed some lines
  8. not freezing rain/snow that has accumulated on the wires
  9. soon to be remediated

A "refreshing" change -- like a good, steamy, shower.  🙂

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hello, I am one of the customers that is experiencing int...

stephbuset
Grasshopper

Hello, I am one of the customers that is experiencing intermittent audio break up for a few seconds in addition to pixilating video. I know that your phone v/m also has this problem indicated and that you are working on it. I would like you to know that it is happening several time a minute for a few seconds. Missing important info like political debates etc. What I would like to suggest is that SHAW also update your customers to this problem on line and give us updates. This is more that a little glitch it is very distracting and difficult to follow anything: news, politics, comedy anything!!!!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hahaha..stupid autocorrect, that makes stemming mad.

dfaminoff78
Grasshopper

Hahaha..stupid autocorrect, that makes stemming mad.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- it's all about having weak signal-strength coming into...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@stephbuset -- it's all about having weak signal-strength coming into to your BlueCurve.

I think that the problem is not a "generic" problem with Shaw's infrastructure, and thus nothing for Shaw to tell to its customers.

Instead, there are things to check:

1. your BlueCurve (not the easiest, quickest, thing to ask Shaw for a replacement, and install it)
  2. your coaxial cable connected to your BlueCurve (tightly connected? try a different one?)
  3. a coaxial-splitter (wall-outlet -> splitter -> BlueCurve, and splitter -> cable-modem or Shaw Phone box). Experiment by bypassing it, or try a different splitter
  4. the cables inside your walls (really difficult to diagnose)
  5. a bad coaxial-splitter inside Shaw's "demarcation box" on the outside of your home (only Shaw can unlock the box, to replace the splitter)
  6. bad connectors on each end of every coaxial-cable (Shaw can cut-off the existing connectors, and add new connectors)
  7. a frayed/kinked coaxial-cable from the Shaw box to the nearest telephone pole
  8. a fallen tree that has downed some lines, or a tree-branch now leaning on some lines

Because this is a peer-to-peer discussion (and gripe) forum, not a direct path to Shaw Support, I recommend that you contact Shaw (currently, online chat has priority over telephone), and get them to trouble-shoot.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

here is a link with information on the BlueCurve issues,...

rstra
Grand Master

@stephbusethere is a link with information on the BlueCurve issues, hopefully they get it sorted out soon  

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/service-updates-outages/oct-22-national-wireless-bluecurve-tv-outage-fix-...

Jump to solution

Support ticket just mentions "wireless" bluecurve" I hop...

Unimpressed
Grasshopper

Support ticket just mentions "wireless bluecurve" 

I hope they look at the whole system because I have all the same issues and everything is cabled with an older version.

Jump to solution

Same here, some of my higher channels are glitching, so I...

rstra
Grand Master

@Unimpressed Same here, some of my higher channels are glitching, so I think it is affecting all BlueCurve equipment.

Jump to solution

This is 100% a generic issue with Shaw as multiple custom...

Hesscham
Grasshopper

It is getting SO BAD now. I can't even watch my recordings as the audio is cutting out every minute. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Be careful when you return equipment.  I returned a modem...

deme
Grasshopper

Be careful when you return equipment.  I returned a modem when I “upgraded” to Blue Curve.  I didn’t get any kind of receipt - they said I didn’t need one.  Then they charged me $50 and said I didn’t return the modem.  When I called they said they reversed the charge.  They lied.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- did you return the modem in person, or did you pack it...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@deme -- did you return the modem in person, or did you pack it into a box, and put a Shaw-supplied shipping-label on it, and take it to Canada Post, to exchange the box for a Canada Post tracking-number?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help