Blue Curve TV

kirkbys1
Grasshopper

I have been considering switching to Blue Curve TV but the forum seems to be nothing but negative opinions of the system.  Does anyone actually think this is a good system that they are happy with? I use a PVR for all TV watching so this is the most important aspect to me but the forum seems to have a lot af bad reviews of this especially about the FF option which is obviously a necessary feature to me. Also I note from the "Total TV" channel listing, there is no CBS channel. This would also not be much good to me either, so is this acually the case? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

I like the BlueCurve system and have been with it since J...

rstra
Grand Master

I like the BlueCurve system and have been with it since January 2017. The search, including voice, function is probably the most useful feature as it also includes search results from Prime and Netflix. I also like that fact that the portals use RF for the remote, so you can hide them behind the TV. The 30 second skip forward doesn’t come pre-programmed, but that is a quick fix. The BlueCurve TV app is handy too, it allows your to play your recordings from the cloud.

The reason you read complaints here is because it is a help forum, nobody is going to drop by just to praise the system. I also have the wired system and have had little experience with the wireless version. The CBS omission in the Total TV listing has to be a typo. 

0 Kudos

There is allot of negative feed back but my sister has ha...

Jay22
Grasshopper

There is allot of negative feed back but my sister has had it for about 1 year and she loves it

0 Kudos

-- no CBS See: https://www.shaw.ca/tv/channels/channel-li...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kirkbys1 -- no CBS

See: https://www.shaw.ca/tv/channels/channel-listings

and enter your Postal Code. For me, I see: 112 CBS Seattle HD & 142 CBS Detroit HD

There are a very-few channels available on BlueCurve TV that are not available with any other Shaw TV box.

0 Kudos

I have been using Blue Curve and Blue Sky before that. I...

rickatk
Master

@kirkbys1 I have been using Blue Curve and Blue Sky before that. I think Blue Curve is evolving as an IPTV platform very well. I haven’t  had many problems and those I did were fixed up pretty quick. For consumers, Shaw and done a great job with Blue Curve. I do see a lot of complaints which can be trace back to poor network conditions locally or users looking for advanced processes and features which aren’t available at the consumer level. A friend of mine just went to Blue Curve. His setup went smoothly but for one wifi issue which was easily corrected. His setup was pretty simple and works well.

I have no reservation recommending Blue Curve Internet and TV.

0 Kudos

Thanks for all the positive replies. Good to know its not...

kirkbys1
Grasshopper

Thanks for all the positive replies. Good to know its not all bad.

0 Kudos

You'll be unhappy with it if it's replacing Gateway (a fa...

Pkcurtis1
Grasshopper

You'll be unhappy with it if it's replacing Gateway (a far superior product)

0 Kudos

After having Gateway, Blue Curve is NOT an upgrade!

Pkcurtis1
Grasshopper

After having Gateway, Blue Curve is NOT an upgrade!

0 Kudos

Im currently looking at switching from Gateway to Bluecur...

Kim_P
Grasshopper

Im currently looking at switching from Gateway to Bluecurve, glad I came across your post before pulling the trigger!

Can you provide some of the issues you are experiencing? 

I'm mainly concerned with picture quality, buffering issues, operational  issues such as watch part of program on a TV and then continue on another TV. , PVR issues

Anything you can provide is appreciated!

Thanks

0 Kudos

I have had both Gateway and BlueCurve, and don’t see any...

rstra
Grand Master

@Kim_P  I have had both Gateway and BlueCurve, and don’t see any diffference in picture quality. The biggest complaint I have heard with BC is the inability to pause channels and go back and forth, I never used it, and it will never be on BC. As I mentioned in my post below, the voice search and search across platforms is superior, the apps, the rf remote, ability to watch recordings on the Shaw TV app, and some 4K sports, with more 4K to come.

I have a feeling that Rogers will accelerate the phase out of Gateway because it isn’t a product they are familiar with, so it is good to start to look at your options. Shaw retail stores have BlueCurve on display, so you could go check one out in person. 

0 Kudos