BlueCurve remote button changes within YouTube app

mi6_
Grasshopper

There was a recent update to the YouTube app on approximately June14 and June 24 (I run the XG1v4 for info). Since these two updates the “Last” button on on the BlueCurve remote no longer backs out of a video you are watching to the previous screen. Now it just brings up the menu on the bottom of the screen. So it has forced us to either hit the exit button and exit the YouTube app entirely or scroll down in the menu and select the “Home” button within the YouTube menu to get out of the video you are watching.

Can you please fix the YouTube app so that the “Last” button on the BlueCurve remote works as it previously did backing you out of the video you are current watching in the YouTube app. There is “back” option within the YouTube app, however, you can’t highlight it.

Labels (2)
8 Replies

We have the same issue as well. Shaw support told me it w...

calgaryguy
Grasshopper

We have the same issue as well. Shaw support told me it was a problem on their end, but other people said they were told it"s a youtube issue. Not sure what to do at this point.

0 Kudos

yeah it is really annoying

j1141
Grasshopper

yeah it is really annoying

0 Kudos

Same situation here.  No idea how to fix it.  Back in Mar...

Llewenk
Grasshopper

Same situation here.  No idea how to fix it.  Back in March I read something about resetting the App, but I did that and no success.  Very frustrating.  Makes YouTube a useless app now on the blue curve TV.

Sounds like Shaw is trying to avoid any responsibility fo...

mi6_
Grasshopper

Sounds like Shaw is trying to avoid any responsibility for this. I don’t really care whether it’s a Shaw Blue Curve issue or a YouTube issue. Bottom line is they need to communicate with each other and come up with a fix for this issue. The app is really frustrating to use since this update a week or two ago.

0 Kudos

I have the same issue with the last button. Have called S...

SK3
Grasshopper

I have the same issue with the last button. Have called Shaw 4 times now. They finally called me about 8 days ago and issued me a ticket # I have no idea why, agent told me to hang onto this # in case they call me back, but this didn't solve anything! I really like youtube and this is so frustrating...anyways almost 2 months with this problem.

0 Kudos

We just discovered a workaround. If you hold the micropho...

calgaryguy
Grasshopper

We just discovered a workaround. If you hold the microphone button and say "back", that will actually back out of the video to the previous screen. Thought this might be useful for others.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just tried it and works for me as...

pjpete
Grasshopper

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just tried it and works for me as well.

This issue is currently under investigation, tracked unde...

shaw-valerie

This issue is currently under investigation, tracked under PRB0051530. In the interim, workarounds would be to use the Home button as you've noted, or to use the voice command "back" as @calgaryguy has mentioned in the thread. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help