Bluecurve

Terrie19
Grasshopper

Had to “upgrad” internet for WFH which meant a switch from gateway to Bluecurve tv. It’s been about 2 weeks ago and not impressed at all!! Did not realize we would lose the ability to watch multiple shows with pause rewind functions or to pause and continue in another room. Can barely get through we program with out it freezing, pixelating or dropping altogether. Has any switched back to gateway?

Labels (1)
2 Replies

-- 1. Had to “upgrad” internet for WFH which meant a swit...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Terrie19 --

1. Had to “upgrad” internet for WFH which meant a switch from gateway to Bluecurve tv.

I don't understand why you had to upgrade your TV services, if all you wanted was faster Internet service, unless your BlueCurve device is both your TV and your Internet services inside one box.

What sort of work-from-home are you doing? Sending huge files back to your employer's computers?

2. Did not realize we would lose the ability to watch multiple shows with pause rewind functions or to pause and continue in another room.

What W.F.H. job allows you to watch TV?  Sign me up.

Just press "record" on the first channel, before switching to a different channel. On that second channel, also press "record" before switching back to the first channel.  Then, you can "skip back" or "rewind" on either channel.

3. Can barely get through we program with out it freezing, pixelating or dropping altogether.

This is a user-to-user discussion forum. I recommend that you contact Shaw Support (currently, online chat gets priority over telephone) to get the Shaw employee to remotely logon to your BlueCurve to measure "signal-strength" and other values, to see if you are getting a poor signal into the BlueCurve.

4. Has any switched back to gateway?

Yes, some people on this forum switched back, within 10 days of getting the BlueCurve.

But, try getting Shaw to trouble-shoot.

0 Kudos

Thanks for you responses. I was told that I could not hav...

Terrie19
Grasshopper

Thanks for you responses. I was told that I could not have bluecurve for internet and keep gateway for TV. The most ecomonic way to upgrade the internet was to get the internet/TV “bundle”. I wish the differences between systems were better noted, perhaps i wouldn’t have felt so annoyed by the differences. 

0 Kudos