Bluesky and Slingbox 500

sidshugarman
Grasshopper

I have been told on Chat with Shaw that Bluesky is not at all compatible with Slingbox. Is this true and if not has anyone had any success connecting Slingbox to the Bluesky cable box?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
18 Replies

Re: Bluesky and Slingbox 500

laceybob
Grasshopper

curious if you got slingbox to work with bluesky, I have my slingbox 350 hooked up using a HDMI to component cable adapter hooked up to the slingbox, and the slingbox hooked up to the internet and to the tv ... video and audio is passing through to the tv but only sound is coming through the slingbox (when trying to set up slingbox on my computer , getting the message no video signal

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I got my Slingbox M2 to work. I had to try a couple different HDMI to Component adapters though. The first adapter I bought passed though to the TV fine, but when i tried to watch on the Slingplayer, the audio was fine but the video was all scrambled.

I ordered a Portta converter off of Amazon that other people said worked. It has worked for me so far as well. There is also a converter that Slingbox recommends on their website. I read somewhere online what the difference is between converters, but I can't remember what it was. There is something that doesn't work with Slingbox though.

Laceybob, maybe try a different converter because it sounds like you are having a similar problem that I had.

And to the original question from sidshugarman, my Slingbox works with Bluesky. 

0 Kudos

jaseman
Grasshopper

I have got it to work on sling box 500 but I can’t change channels on my phone. Any body else? 

0 Kudos

Sorry about all the incomplete messages.    Lordseah...

Lordseahawk
Grasshopper

Sorry about all the incomplete messages. 

Lordseahawk
Grasshopper

I have a Sling Box M2 and just recently changed to Shaw Blue Curve (formerly known asBluesky) I purchased the HDMI adapter that Slingplayer from Amazon ( Frontier Factory) and it seems to work very well as far as video and audio quality unfortunately I cannot seem to sync the Slingplayer remote.  The cable box manufacturer and model are not listed (Arris XG1V4) on the option list and I’ve tried using the Shaw box option with custom model but still no luck. The remote loads but is not functional. 
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Shaw support refused to help. 

0 Kudos

Look for Xfinity on the list.

rstra
Grand Master

Look for Xfinity on the list. 

0 Kudos

> video and audio is passing through to the TV, but only...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> video and audio is passing through to the TV, but only sound is coming through the Slingbox.

Over the last few years, Shaw's TV network has been upgraded to become 100% digital, with some channels using MPEG4 video compression.

So, any "analog" receiver, such as a Slingbox, cannot decode the video.

Thus, every Shaw customer needs to have a decoder (DCT700 or PVR or anything newer) to view the video feed.

Since each decoder must be "authorized" to be active on Shaw's network, the illegal act of "stealing cable" has been greatly reduced.

0 Kudos

Excellent, thank you so much. It’s actually listed as Com...

Lordseahawk
Grasshopper

Excellent, thank you so much. It’s actually listed as Comcast and I used X1 as the model series just in case any other Shaw customers are having the same issue. Thanks again I really appreciate your prompt response and help. 

Set up my M1 Slingbox today using a Portta HDMI to Compon...

BMWer
Grasshopper

Set up my M1 Slingbox today using a Portta HDMI to Component Video I purchased on Amazon. That along with the info on which remote to use..Comcast X1..and everything is good to go. Thanks for the tip on the remote!

Thanks for all the tips works great

Xenomania
Grasshopper

M1 Slingbox

Splitter $18 

4K HDMI Splitter 1 in 2 Out, GANA 1x2 HDMI Splitter 1 Input to 2 Outputs Switch with AC Adapter Support 4K 3D Full HD 1080P HDTV for Mirror Dual Monitor for DVD Player TV Box PS3/4 Xbox 4K HDMI Splitter 

HDMI converter $13

HDMI to RCA, 1080P HDMI to AV 3RCA CVBs Composite Video Audio Converter Adapter  https://amzn.to/39OAczU 

Reconfiguree remote to Comcast X1 works great

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help