Bluesky and Slingbox 500

sidshugarman
Grasshopper

I have been told on Chat with Shaw that Bluesky is not at all compatible with Slingbox. Is this true and if not has anyone had any success connecting Slingbox to the Bluesky cable box?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Bluesky and Slingbox 500

laceybob
Grasshopper

curious if you got slingbox to work with bluesky, I have my slingbox 350 hooked up using a HDMI to component cable adapter hooked up to the slingbox, and the slingbox hooked up to the internet and to the tv ... video and audio is passing through to the tv but only sound is coming through the slingbox (when trying to set up slingbox on my computer , getting the message no video signal

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I got my Slingbox M2 to work. I had to try a couple different HDMI to Component adapters though. The first adapter I bought passed though to the TV fine, but when i tried to watch on the Slingplayer, the audio was fine but the video was all scrambled.

I ordered a Portta converter off of Amazon that other people said worked. It has worked for me so far as well. There is also a converter that Slingbox recommends on their website. I read somewhere online what the difference is between converters, but I can't remember what it was. There is something that doesn't work with Slingbox though.

Laceybob, maybe try a different converter because it sounds like you are having a similar problem that I had.

And to the original question from sidshugarman, my Slingbox works with Bluesky. 

0 Kudos

jaseman
Grasshopper

I have got it to work on sling box 500 but I can’t change channels on my phone. Any body else? 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
Need more help?