Bluesky handshake issues

TopheR
Grasshopper

I'm experiencing an increasingly difficult situation where Bluesky will not handshake with my Denon AVR.  When I first got bluesky, it was an intermittent issue, which was resolved by unplugging the PVR box and plugging back in.  Last night the same issue arose, and it flat out would not connect.  I've replaced the HDMI cable, that didn't work.  I've updated the Denons Firmware, which hasn't helped.  I have the PVR and 3 satellites, I'm wondering if I can simply move the PVR to a different area of the house, and replace it with a satellite.

This system has been beyond frustrating to use, as the Arris system I had prior had never failed.

Labels (2)
5 Replies

Sorry to hear that you're encountering issues with your B...

shaw-valerie

@TopheR Sorry to hear that you're encountering issues with your BlueSky TV equipment. Swapping the location of the main unit and one of the portals is fine, if you'd like to give that a shot and see if one of those devices will handshake correctly when connecting through the Denon AVR. If that does not help, the recommended alternate setup would be to connect the BlueSky box directly to your TV, then use the audio output from your TV to connect to the AVR. 

0 Kudos

I am having the exact same problem with my Integra DTR-7....

DBowles
Grasshopper

I am having the exact same problem with my Integra DTR-7.8 receiver, which has always worked flawlessly with all HDMI components. The unique issue I have here is that I need to be able to direct the video feed to a projector as well as a television. I've tried all three cable boxes (portals) and all three exhibit the exact same characteristic. I really need to fix this.

0 Kudos

does your TV and projector have ARC or eARC for your rece...

shaw-tony

@DBowles does your TV and projector have ARC or eARC for your receiver? 

0 Kudos

I'm not sure what ARC and eARC are, or what effect they h...

DBowles
Grasshopper

I'm not sure what ARC and eARC are, or what effect they have on an HDMI "handshake".

I'm trying to use my receiver for all A/V switching - the receiver has three HDMI inputs and one output, which alternates between a projector or a TV. Should be pretty simple, right? All I have is a cable box and a Blu-Ray player. The cable box is the only component I've ever owned that does not "Handshake" with the receiver, and many times it doesn't do it when I connect it directly to the TV either, which leads to unplugging and reconnecting the power source to the cable box over and over again trying to get the "magic connection". This one function is the whole, entire reason that I converted from the stand-alone PVR system to the Blue Sky system and these problems are beyond frustrating.

0 Kudos

HDMI handshake issues

Steph14
Grasshopper

I also have an issue with a brand new cable box TX061AEI (Xi6-T) where the audio comes through but the video does not.

I have a brand new receiver and projector and I have Premium Certified Cable. The one interesting thing is that I do see the Welcome screen on boot up then it goes dark!

It is very frustrating, is there someone that can interface with Arris to help?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help