CFL, TSN, IGNITE oxymoron

Boight
Grasshopper

What is it with these 3 entities? Ignite changing recording preference, TSN not having a dedicated CFL channel or a reliable recording schedule. 

Had Toronto and Montreal set to record, that worked,

Had Edmonton at Sask set to record, missed 1st quarter and recording ended just after 3rd quarter started. These were scheduled on different channels MANUALLY because I don't trust ingite and it still screws up.

Normally TSN will replay games later or the next day. Not this time.

This is all a bunch of crap. I've never been so disappointed in Shaw/TSN.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

TSN web site says there's an Elks-Riders replay today at...

vumax
Grasshopper

TSN web site says there's an Elks-Riders replay today at 10:30AM Mountain time on TSN3. Every TV listing service I checked says tennis. So which is correct is anybody's guess. As you stated, they're all pretty unreliable.

0 Kudos

I have never had like this on sasktel when I recird CFL a...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

I have never had like this on sasktel when I recird CFL and NHL games they're all working snd even wuth next day replays are good.   I'm on sasktel maxtv 

0 Kudos

-- the problem is that Shaw/Rogers subscribes to a servic...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Boight -- the problem is that Shaw/Rogers subscribes to a service that provides "content" into the "Guide" app.

So, if what that service lists is "tennis", while the TSN web-site lists a "replay", which one do you believe?

0 Kudos

How about this.. Last night I had the Riders vs Ottawa sc...

Boight
Grasshopper

How about this.. Last night I had the Riders vs Ottawa scheduled on TSN 4k with 30 min overtime.  Recorded OK

Had Elks vs Lions scheduled on TSN 1 or maybe it was some other TSN channel .  Didn't record. I had checked it twice to make sure they were both scheduled.

Is there something about using the 4K channel that's breaking this overlapping recording?

Is there a limit on recording when playbacks are happening?

I have 1.5 gig and at the time 2 TVs were playing recorded shows. I was watching the 4K Riders and the wife watching some normal Dateline show. (when the Elks game was to start recording)

0 Kudos

-- Is there a limit on recording when playbacks are happe...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Boight -- Is there a limit on recording when playbacks are happening?

Yes. My older Shaw Gateway HDPVR has 6 "tuners". So, I can watch one recording, while recording four channels, while still receiving the current channel as "live" content (accessible when I stop the playback).

I have 1.5 gig and at the time 2 TVs were playing recorded shows.

Your "TV" feed and your "Internet" feed are delivered over separate channels. Even if you cancel your Internet, you still can watch/record TV channels.  So, the speed of your Internet is not a factor in your TV watching.

Of course, if you want to "stream" content onto your computer/notebook/mobile device(s), you need to have Internet service, but at a slower speed -- "Internet 50" will be fine for up to 4 simultaneous streams -- no need to pay a lot to have "Internet 1500".

0 Kudos

I would try setting timed, manual recordings.  https://su...

rstra
Grand Master
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion. I've set up this coming Friday...

Boight
Grasshopper

Thanks for the suggestion. I've set up this coming Friday's two games using this Pain in Butt method. I'm using two different channels as they are back to back and overtime on the first (potential grey cup preview game) will cause a loss of time on the second game. Both games have the single red dot beside them, so fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, from this past weekend I found this. I had double checked to make sure everything was set right on day before. I caught this an hour before the game was going to start.

A USER DID NOT CANCEL this recording. What is going on?

20230923_135726.jpg

0 Kudos

Yes, it is a pain doing a manual recording. I don’t know...

rstra
Grand Master

@Boight  Yes, it is a pain doing a manual recording. I don’t know what would have caused the recording to cancel on its own. I wonder if guide information gets updated and that somehow affects the recording?

0 Kudos

Well.. Just checked this morning and the first game, Tor...

Boight
Grasshopper

Well.. Just checked this morning and the first game, Tor vs Win, is "a user cancelled this recording".   Not true, so that didn't help.

Checked Saturday's 2 games and so far they're good to go so far.. will check again game day.

The only difference is Friday's games overlap on two different channels due to useless TSN/CFL scheduling. Saturday's full games regular times start end on two different channels with no overlap except what I've added for just in case overtime.

This Ignite TV scheduling is bugged and needs to be fixed.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help