CityTV - online and app not working

ScottMa1
Grasshopper

I'm trying to watch some shows using the CityTV app - Catch-22 and The Orville, to be specific. I log on using my Shaw ID, but when I try to play any episode, I get the error "The episode exceeds the viewing period acquired by your TV service provider". This happens on 2 different iOS devices, and when I try and watch in a desktop browser, I get the same error. Some other shows work, so I'm guessing my ID does work somewhat? I am paying for CityTV with my TV subscription.

Thanks,

Scott

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: CityTV - online and app not working

shaw-tamara

Hi Scott,

Based on the error message I would guess that we don't have the rights for those shows at the moment. I checked the VOD library and FreeRange TV and I don't see them listed there. It sounds like their app is limiting your access based on what is currently under license for VOD with us. There are more details on this if you click on the link in the error message, which leads to https://www.citytv.com/calgary/how-to-order/

I'm not sure if we will be adding access to these programs in the future, but we can pass along the request to have it added for you.

0 Kudos

ScottMa1
Grasshopper

Thanks, please do. It seems pretty strange to me for a streaming app to be available, but for almost all the content to be disabled. Catch-22 is especially disappointing. Only the first episode was broadcast (this week) by CityTV, with the rest only accessible through their app. 

Scott

0 Kudos

ScottMa1
Grasshopper

I'm replying to the thread to give a little more information for people with the same issue. I got in touch with CityTV and they told me that programming older that 17-30 days goes to the CityTVNOW service. Catch-22 went straight to CityTVNOW. Shaw has not signed up for CityTVNOW access, which is why signing in with my Shaw credentials doesn't work. 

I get the same error trying to watch chicago fire, med an...

Debbs06
Grasshopper

I get the same error trying to watch chicago fire, med and pd. They aired Sept 21, its October 2nd. After signing in same error. I saw first show of 

each . What is happening, they are not on paramount or I would go there. 

0 Kudos

Just set a recording for the new episodes.

rstra
Grand Master

@Debbs06  Just set a recording for the new episodes. 

0 Kudos

-- chicago fire, med and pd. They aired Sept 21, its Oct...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Debbs06 --  chicago fire, med and pd. They aired Sept 21, it is October 2nd. 

Looking through Shaw's VOD (Video On Demand) service, within "CTV", I see:

* 2 episodes from Season 11

* 22 episodes from Season 10

* 16 episodes from Season 9

* 20 episodes from Season 8

Each show is 46 minutes long -- no inserted commercials, other than promotions for other shows also on CTV.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help