I've waited a total of like 8hours after dropped calls an...

WillM
Grasshopper

I've waited a total of like 8hours after dropped calls and transfers not including that call back wait time, trying to disconnect my services and only the loyalty dept can do it? ridiculous they make customers do this only through loyalty, talk about desperation, but can't get through..., then the web chat wasted 30mins of my time only to tell me they can't do a disconnect even though that was the first thing I told them. So I've already switched, way better and way faster. Shaw keeps sending bills, yet they know I've stopped my services because they sent an email confirming it telling me to call a senior loyalty adviser, which I did, then got transferred again. I've been loyal for 20 years then you do this to me, good riddance. 

0 Kudos

Does anyone know if the loyalty department is still there...

Now_with_telus
Grasshopper

Does anyone know if the loyalty department is still there?  I had a call with the so-called loyalty department on the weekend, talked to an agent who had been in this department for over 20 years, and who kept on saying that there really is no more loyalty department and that she was restricted by the matrix and template on what she could and could not do, and that if my mother wanted to leave Shaw she was welcome to.  Doesn't sound like much of a loyalty department, and although I asked for a call back from a manager, as of yet I have not heard back from anyone (going on 4 days now).  Thanks!

0 Kudos

Like, you, I'm a 20 year + customer of Shaw and have a fu...

davvos
Grasshopper

Like, you, I'm a 20 year + customer of Shaw and have a full bundle (Internet 300, large TV package and Home Phone. My latest bill shows that the monthly costs are increasing about 35% and will be approaching $300 with taxes. The rep I talked to was apologetic and helpful but the $ he came up with look to be about $2/month less than the website do it yourself option. So, Shaw is forcing me to look at options - as a new customer with Telus, I'd save well over $2,000 over 2 years for better or comparable services (e.g. 1GB internet instead of 300Mbps). Have to consider the hassle of switching but it's hard to ignore such a huge difference. The Shaw rep I talked to suggested calling again in early June to see if they have any new promotions but it certainly looks like Shaw doesn't have a Loyalty group any more and I'll be switching. It's doubly disappointing because I've always been a Shaw promoter and friends have installed Shaw based on my recommendations - won't be doing that any more!!

0 Kudos

> I'd save well over $2,000 over 2 years I dislike politi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I'd save well over $2,000 over 2 years

I dislike politicians that fabricate large numbers, by saying "over XX years", when they should be honest to quote annual numbers.

> comparable services (e.g. 1GB internet instead of 300Mbps).

Only rarely do I see a web-site that "pushes" out at over 100 mbps.  Example: Microsoft's "Windows Update" file-servers.

So, I think that "ultra-fast" speeds (600 or 1000) are just "marketing".  Even in the extremely-rare case when there are multiple "intensive" users simultaneously routing through the same cable-modem, the instantaneous usage may not approach 600 mbps.

Marketing hype, from politicians, from Telus, and from Shaw. Resistance is futile. 🙂

0 Kudos

I'm also a 20 year Shaw customer.  My last contract was g...

labmaster
Grasshopper

I'm also a 20 year Shaw customer.  My last contract was good, but I have paid too much on the month-month since contract ended.  I called twice and they are adamant that there is no loyalty department anymore and very agent has access to the same pricing and the best deals.

I know that the Telus price is a promotion, but Shaw is $50 more/month (there is no such thing as apples to apples, but close enough).  So, that is $1200 over 2 years.

I agree that a lot of the Gig speed for internet is hype.  My corporate office has a 300 Mbps service for 100 people.

I'm less and less dependent on TV, and the PVR is the only painful part of the change.  Who knows, maybe I need to be a "new customer" again in two years for Shaw to win me back.  For now, looks like I am switching to Telus...

Come to think of it, I had to become a "new customer" 4 years ago to get better pricing.  When we moved, they wouldn't give us new customer pricing, so we cancelled the account under my wife and signed up as a new customer under me.

Oh well, guess I am just another churn statistic now.

0 Kudos

-- I have paid too much on the month-month since contract...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@labmaster -- I have paid too much on the month-month since contract ended. 

Shaw allows you to sign-up for another "two-year Value Plan".

> For now, looks like I am switching to Telus.

You will only need to be with TELUS (or CableSpeed or other "month-to-month" reseller) for 3 months to be eligible to get promotional prices as a "new" Shaw customer.

Telus can provision you to 75 mbps over their telephone-wires, i.e., without installing fibre-optic cable into your home. So, it should be as simple and quick as connecting their modem to a telephone-jack, and your computer(s) to its Ethernet ports. Of course, run another cable from their modem to the Telus TV box that you'll place beside your TV.

Hang on to your PVR, if you own it, for those 3 months. When you reconnect to Shaw, and re-activate the PVR, it should re-authorize you to view all the previously-stored content.  Or, if you are "renting" it, and cease to be a Shaw customer, they will charge you for "non-return" of it, but then you do own it.  During the next 3 months, most TV programming is "repeat" programming, or summer-time "filler" (Cannonball, Don't, Titans, Holey Moley II) that you probably don't want to record.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.  The savings are based on a new "two...

labmaster
Grasshopper

Thanks for the info.  The savings are based on a new "two-year Value Plan".  The new 2 year plan only saves me $15 /mo, which would be $65 savings compared to Telus.  I already have Telus Fiber in the house due to previous owner service.

0 Kudos

The Loyalty Department is gone - good!

rickatk
Master

@Now_with_telus wrote:

Does anyone know if the loyalty department is still there?  I had a call with the so-called loyalty department on the weekend, talked to an agent who had been in this department for over 20 years, and who kept on saying that there really is no more loyalty department and that she was restricted by the matrix and template on what she could and could not do, and that if my mother wanted to leave Shaw she was welcome to.  Doesn't sound like much of a loyalty department, and although I asked for a call back from a manager, as of yet I have not heard back from anyone (going on 4 days now).  Thanks!

I have found the same thing...the Loyalty Department is gone and replaced by a matrix of pricing. The agents have very little room to negotiate pricing. The best they can do is look at the computer and figure out the best deal in the matrix and apply it to the customer’s situation. Obviously if Shaw starts to lose customers then The matrix will be adjusted.  The agents, some with many years of experience, are very good at using the tools given to them. They can work the programs and find the best solutions. I always thought it silly to have a “Loyalty Department.” I am quite happy dealing with one person who might in turn go to the back room for higher authority to unlock a deal.

The agents are in a position to work out “credits” of a varying nature to fix errors. Recently I discovered my upgrade to Fibre Gig was not as promised on my first bill. Indeed there was a considerable increase because apparently dropping the 600 plan took with it some other discounts including my reduced phone plan costs. This was done in error apparently and after a couple calls the matter was corrected by adding a considerable credit representing the price difference to fix the error. After recent experiences I can comfortably reiterate, there is no Loyalty Department, even the most experience and capable agent follows a matrix and can only address shortcomings with “credits.” 

BTW: Same experience with Telus mobility. The plans are the plans. They goofed only my new phone and I missed out on a very good Boxing Day deal. I worked my way to the Resolutions Department in Toronto where a very nice person did her best to fix things. Unfortunately she had very little to work with as the Boxing Day promotions expired and Apple stock was gone. The best she could do was put a sizeable credit on my account for the next time I renewed. In May I phoned in, ordered two new iPhone Se2s. The agent read my saga in the notes and was even able  to double the credit adding to my wife’s account the same amount. He was limited with their matrix as well but was able to manually apply a credit or two. No Loyalty Department required.

I am glad Loyalty Departments are going or gone. Alway seems silly jumping through hoops and departments to get the best pricing for my gear.

Thanks Shaw and to the nice agent who fixed up my Fibre Gig pricing!

0 Kudos

I've also been a customer for 20 years plus and have full...

xandra
Grasshopper

I've also been a customer for 20 years plus and have full bundle.  Just recently got an internet offer (lower) if I sign a 2 year contract.  However it would mean signing everything for 2 years and the bill actuall came out to more!!! Like what the heck??? I tell you all they are doing is gouching and ripping off customers.  I will DEFINITELY not be dealing with Shaw ever again after contract is up, or may break it all together.  There tv bundles are terrible now.  You might get 1 channel in a bundle that you like, where as previously they were bundled according.  Also my internet hasnt been working properly for a whole year and I have had 5 technicians out and it's better but still not fixed.  SHAW has really gone downhill.  

0 Kudos

-- You might get 1 channel in a bundle that you like, whe...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@xandra -- You might get 1 channel in a bundle that you like, where as previously they were bundled 

Shaw does offer "PIck And Pay". Add a TV channel for either $4 or $6 or $10 per month, or pick up to 10 channels for $25 per month.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help