Gee I was told it was my equipment...need a new PVR....

sasmith
Grasshopper

Gee I was told it was my equipment...need a new PVR....

0 Kudos

Our equipment is also....not wireless. All are wired with...

sasmith
Grasshopper

Our equipment is also....not wireless. All are wired with coaxial.

0 Kudos

I have disabled the flag as suggested and it did not chan...

bluefrown
Grasshopper

I have disabled the flag as suggested and it did not change anything.

0 Kudos

I don’t know who did what but my issues are fixed.

GongShow
Grasshopper

I don’t know who did what but my issues are fixed.

0 Kudos

I have had bluecurve for not even a week.  Poor picture q...

ROSSMC
Grasshopper

I have had bluecurve for not even a week.  Poor picture quality in general, almost like we are going back in time before any HDTV. Colors washed out, sharpnesss not there, contrast is flat.  Also, the DVR portion is terrible in terms of it's functionality vs my old Arris Gateway.  Can't pause and switch channel and then come back to original channel which used to resume at that point so you can no longer watch two channels while pausing each and switching back and forth.  Freeze frame has giant black area all through the bottom of screen. No slow motion anymore.  Watching Shaw on demand through constant glitches and freezes.  This is just not acceptable!  No way I will be held to a two year contract unless the product that is delivered is acceptable and this product is far from it.   

0 Kudos

While we have seen good success in resolving issues in th...

shaw-valerie

@bluefrown While we have seen good success in resolving issues in the Google Chrome with the BlueCurve TV web app, if you're finding that does not work for you, you can also try disabling the option to "Use hardware acceleration when available" in the System section at chrome://settings/privacy

Disabling the above setting is more likely to cause issues in other websites, so it may be easier to instead use an alternate browser to access the BlueCurve TV web app instead. 

0 Kudos

Are you noticing these picture quality issues on any spec...

shaw-valerie

@ROSSMC Are you noticing these picture quality issues on any specific channels, or are all channels affected? Do you have multiple BlueCurve TV boxes in your home? If so, is this happening on all of them? What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? 

The BlueCurve TV system does not buffer channel content when you are not watching the channel, so if you wish to switch back and forth between 2 programs without missing any part of them, record both programs and then switch between the recordings. 

0 Kudos

You too!

Tracey3
Grasshopper

You too!

0 Kudos

Same pixelation, audio skipping problems here in Vancouve...

Clayman
Grasshopper

Same pixelation, audio skipping problems here in Vancouver - west side. We've had Shaw for 8 months with not too many problems until a week ago. CNN HD and other channels became unwatchable on all TVs. Oddly, Fox News HD works fine (a plot?) and MSNBC. I swapped out the BlueCurve Gateway box for a new one, but there was absolutely no change. Same problems persist. I then unplugged my 600 Mbps internet connection and everything went back to working order. TV was fine including CNN HD. Plugged the modem back in and the problems returned.  A tech has been dispatched and is racing to fix the problem... 🙂 should be here in 2 weeks...

0 Kudos

I can’t believe you are actually charging your customers...

KDDEVRIES
Grasshopper

I can’t believe you are actually charging your customers for blue curve, I’ve never seen anything like it! You should have tested this system far more before putting out for your loyal Shaw customers, I think you’re CEO should be embarrassed on launching this sub par product! Stuttering,freezing,have to reset often especially in the morning! Oh well I will give them a chance to fix issues as there installer told me lots of issues, SHAW please credit your loyal customers for service they are paying for BUT not getting!

TALK TO US
We're here to help