fast forward issues

William32
Grasshopper

This is frustrating. I have a samsung tv with a paired shaw remote. My issue is when i am watching a recorded tv program and press the fast forward button to get past the commercials  the tv does nothing for almost 2 minutes then all of a sudden it is fast forwarding at high speed. I've called shaw tech support and their diagnosis is it is a faulty remote. I've bought a new remote and still have the same problem.

I'm stumped but ready to move to Telus as my frustration level is sky high.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

-- I have the older Shaw Gateway HDPVR. The Shaw remote-c...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@William32 -- I have the older Shaw Gateway HDPVR. The Shaw remote-control has two useful buttons:

• skip forward 30 seconds (most commercials take 2 taps on the button)
  • skip backward 15 seconds (if I have "over-shot" with the 30-second button)

So, I almost never use the "Fast-Forward" button.;

If you have the BlueCurve TV remote control, just "speak" into it: "skip forward 60 seconds".

0 Kudos

I have found that if you don't have a strong signal for w...

JeffGWpg
Grasshopper

I have found that if you don't have a strong signal for wifi on your tv player that all remote functionality can be pokey, especially noticed when using FF.

I would try anything that might help you get a better signal to the player, or even temporarily run an ethernet cable to test.

0 Kudos

It's frustrating.  I got a replacement remote control and...

Deb42
Grasshopper

It's frustrating.  I got a replacement remote control and am still having problems with page up (should be 30 seconds); fast forwards 5 minutes.  Page down the same thing. I stopped using those buttons.  

0 Kudos

wrote:  still having problems with page up (should be 30...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Deb42 wrote:  still having problems with page up (should be 30 seconds); fast forwards 5 minutes.

This issue has been mentioned many times on this peer-to-peer discussion forum. 

The remote-control for the BlueCurve defaults the "skip" to 5 minutes, but a few key-presses can change it to 15 seconds.

Or, just speak into the remote "skip forward 15 seconds".

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help