Jump to solution

FreeRange TV login error

tschultz
Grasshopper

FreeRange TV worked in the past but now every time I try to log in I get an error on the adding device stage. The login is successful but the adding device stage never completes successfully. Using chrome on Windows 10 fresh install. I deleted the 2 devices that were previously registered (previous chrome browsers) but that made no difference and no devices are shown in the FreeRange TV section in my.shaw.ca/TV. Deleted all cookies from Shaw sites and reinstaled Flash with no resolution. Error still appears.

Error shown below. Googling the error shows some links for Comcast Xfinity that says it's a DRM error? Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry, we're having some trouble

FreeRange TV is not available at the moment. Please try back soon.

(Error ftde.xact.3321.1107296356)

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: FreeRange TV login error

shaw-tamara

If it's working on a different browser, that helps narrow down the issue to something with Chrome. It doesn't look like it's reported as a known issue, but I was able to find some examples where customers reported the same issue and were able to resolve it by disabling extensions in Chrome. I'd recommend starting there to see if something in your extensions may be interfering.

We do our best to monitor the forums regularly, but if you need immediate assistance I would recommend contacting us directly using the info on Shaw — Contact us so we can take a look in real time. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Jump to solution

tschultz
Grasshopper

Tried in Edge browser and was able to login successfully. However I really do not wish to use that piece of junk that MS tries to force down my throat. Seems like a cople of people have posted in the past of issues in Chrome but they did not seem to have had any successful outcome posted

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

Hey  

Are you still having trouble with this? We have had a few reports of this error but from what I can see, most people were able to resolve the issue by power cycling the computer. If you haven't tried that so far, it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. Let us know if you're still seeing this error and we'll see what we can find out for you. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

tschultz
Grasshopper

Yes, unfortunately the error persists. I've deleted cookies, etc. several times and closed and reopened the browser between tries. Also restarted the computer a few times. And I shut down and shut off the power for several minutes with no joy. The exact same error persists. I click okay and it goes back to signin. Signin is successful but it goes to the error message after it tries to add a new device. Endless loop. AdBlocker is disabled for all Shaw pages. Appears to work with Edge browser which I do not normally use for anything. No device linked to the Chrome browser appears in the Manage portion of My Shaw. I've run out of things to try.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

tschultz
Grasshopper

Hello? Anybody home? Sheesh.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

If it's working on a different browser, that helps narrow down the issue to something with Chrome. It doesn't look like it's reported as a known issue, but I was able to find some examples where customers reported the same issue and were able to resolve it by disabling extensions in Chrome. I'd recommend starting there to see if something in your extensions may be interfering.

We do our best to monitor the forums regularly, but if you need immediate assistance I would recommend contacting us directly using the info on Shaw — Contact us so we can take a look in real time. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

tschultz
Grasshopper

After shutting off all extensions it is working. I still don't know which extension caused the problem because once the "device" was activated I turned them all back on and haven't had any additional errors. I guess the next time Chrome updates I will get to see if the error persists because every new browser version triggers a new authorization.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

rcrown
Grasshopper

I've had the same issue on two computers for a few weeks. I have now figured out that an extension called Ghosterly (blocks ads, stops trackers) is the problem, once shut off everything works. I suppose Shaw doesn't like us interfering with them tracking what we do.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Same issue when using Google Chrome. Switched to Safari,...

THEH
Grasshopper

Same issue when using Google Chrome. Switched to Safari, and it works. 

Jump to solution

The same with Firefox. We have an issue with the latest C...

GFLiverpool
Grasshopper

The same with Firefox. We have an issue with the latest Chrome download Version 89.0.4389.72

Gregory 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help