It's ridiculous that they are trying to troubleshoot each...

TWeath
Grasshopper

It's ridiculous that they are trying to troubleshoot each person when it is clearly a service issue. I have been having this problem off and on since I setup bluesky/curve tv. Cuts out every few minutes for a second to several seconds. Often enough and long enough at times to miss entire conversations. 

Today is the worst I have seen it. I recorded about 6 shows tonight and they are not watchable. I will have to wait for the on demand. Which is a pain to watch given that I am on pain meds and if I fall asleep watching something then I can't get back to the right point in the show. 

No it's not just recordings, no I am not using any sound equipment, no I am not switching inputs as the bluecurve box is the ONLY thing hooked up to this tv I am referring to but also NO it is not just the box on this tv. It happens on my other tv as well. No I do not have any internet connection issues. And last but not least, no, I will not contact support for troubleshooting because this is clearly a SHAW issue. 

0 Kudos

I have had numerous problems since switching to blue curv...

marianegotzmann
Grasshopper

I have had numerous problems since switching to blue curve. New modem, new coax cable to the modem and new splitter and I thought things were fixed, but now I’m getting frequent audio drops when watching recorded shows. This didn’t happen with previous modem, but that one was having problems activating after it would just stop working. I’m guessing the signal just isn’t strong enough and they will never be able to fix this,

0 Kudos

I get the same thing since I I bluecurve. Had the tech co...

Gwm
Grasshopper

I get the same thing since I I bluecurve. Had the tech come out and everything. It still does it. The picture resolution also drifts from hd to fuzzy pixelation. I miss my old tv box before I signed this horrible contract.

0 Kudos

> I’m getting frequent audio drops when watching recorded...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I’m getting frequent audio drops when watching recorded shows.

Are you recording to Shaw's "cloud", or recording to the disk-drive inside the BlueCurve box?

If the former, it could be a transient Internet problem causing an interruption in the "streaming" content. (Can you "stream" a radio-station while also playing-back a recording? If it drops-out at the same time as your TV drops-out, it could be a transient problem with your Internet.)

If the latter, it could be a "dying" disk-drive that had a problem recording that part of the program, or having a problem reading from the disk-drive to play the recording. Has Shaw ever replaced the BlueCurve device?

I have a sound bar same problem

SadShah
Grasshopper

I have a sound bar same problem

I’m having the same problem when watching the cloud recor...

Serenitie
Grasshopper

I’m having the same problem when watching the cloud recordings.  It’s fine when watching TV, Netflix, external HD, everything but Cloud recordings.

i have a soundbar, with wireless rear wireless speakers, the rears don’t work at all when listening to cloud recordings.

Very annoying to spend all this money on electronics when Shaw equipment doesn’t work as it should.

0 Kudos

It happens on all of them.

NatashaRogers
Grasshopper

It happens on all of them.

0 Kudos

> i have a soundbar, with wireless rear wireless speakers...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> i have a soundbar, with wireless rear wireless speakers, the rears don’t work at all when listening to cloud recordings.

Search within  this discussion forum.  Other people have discussed this issue.

0 Kudos

I just got my blue sky 2 weeks ago. My TV audio cuts out...

teevee8
Grasshopper

I just got my blue sky 2 weeks ago. My TV audio cuts out every time after I turn it on. I have to turn everything off for a minute and restart.  As long as I don't do anything else, like switch to Netflix  or Amazon or spotify all is well. I do not havea sound bar or anything else.

0 Kudos

It is coming through tv speakers and it is on all of the...

Larrycdyck
Grasshopper

It is coming through tv speakers and it is on all of the channels

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help