Garbled Audio

srglassw
Grasshopper

I am getting a lot of "garbled" audio on some of the channels for the past few days. My cable box is a DCX3500-M. I have noticed this particularly on the US time shift channels such as the Detroit CBS channel on channel 86 and on CNN on channel 17. It sounds as if there are repeated millisecond beaks in the audio that make it sound garbled. The garbling is not constant but seems to come and go frequently.

I'm wondering if this is a network wide issue, a neighborhood issue or just my cable box. Are you aware of any issues with the audio on these channels?

Labels (1)
48 Replies

Re: Garbled Audio

Not applicable

Yesterday we noticed that the TLC channel 24 had the same issue with the audio. That was the only channel that had the issue as far as we could tell.

0 Kudos

budsgirl
Grasshopper

I also have a 3510.  I  I have been experiencing audio drops on the eastern feeds of ABC and CBS as well as BBC news. I had an update happen unexpectantly at 5 o'clock pm on Monday - my box just turned off and rebooted which is odd because I think it usually happens in the middle of the night.  But the audio drops are still there and it's incredibly annoying.

0 Kudos

lsdk123
Grasshopper

We have been having the same issues for days. Have tried re-setting box, to no avail. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hi lsdk123budsgirlwallysworld  

I don't see any open tickets for these channels specifically so I'd recommend getting in touch with our customer support team directly. This way they can check the equipment and gather any information that might be needed by our video team so we can get this issue escalated. You can find our contact information on https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/ - Facebook and Twitter are often the fastest way to connect, but you can chat or call us as well.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

budsgirl
Grasshopper

After yesterday's HD pvr issue/outage it appears the audio drops have disappeared.  No drops on the time shift US channels or on BBC News.

0 Kudos

I have Shaw BlueCurve TV, and I notice this type of probl...

Zeph
Grasshopper

I have Shaw BlueCurve TV, and I notice this type of problem on KTLA (CW Los Angeles), whenever I watch the KTLA News at 10:00pm (Pacific Time) each night. It's like hearing little blips or bleeps for a millisecond, as mentioned by you, almost like a robot sound or noise. It's very annoying. I should also mention that I watch the newscast from my recordings, via the Shaw BlueCurve TV online app through my web browser, and this also occurs when I watch the program live and recorded from the television. I'm hoping a ticket can be opened or issued for this problem, with Shaw to investigate and resolve within a reasonable time.

0 Kudos

Doing some testing on this side I wasn't able to reproduc...

shaw-valerie

@Zeph Doing some testing on this side I wasn't able to reproduce this issue. Are you still seeing this problem? If so, does it affect other content broadcast on KTLA, or just the 10pm news? 

0 Kudos

Have you had any resolution to this problem? This happens...

takoski
Grasshopper

Have you had any resolution to this problem? This happens to me constantly on a specific channel (CTV2) while watching PVR'd shows. I'm not sure if it happens while watching live TV. It renders at least 50% of the show unwatchable and we have to skip through the garbled parts. It clears up and then 10 mins later starts again. Will be calling Shaw soon about it but was wondering if there was an easy fix!

0 Kudos

I'm having this issue as well for the last week or so. I...

DarinEM
Grasshopper

I'm having this issue as well for the last week or so.  It only happens on KSTW CW.  No other channels that I know of.  We watch Family Feud and the People's Court between 5PM and 8PM.  It varies how bad it is, but sometimes it's unwatchable.

TALK TO US
We're here to help