Gateway vs BlueSky: Rate Difference?

DXER
Grasshopper

I'm curious about rates. I own and am using a DCX3400 and have a Gateway loaner (still in its box). I've been considering the BlueSky because of the huge jump in HD stations. I won't watch SD channels, as PQ is awful. I had an Extender which I owned but which died (no replacement offered, even though I was one of the original Friends). I was offered the Gateway loaner instead, but haven't yet set it up.

Is there a rate difference between Gateway and BlueSky because of the substantially more HD in BlueSky? Or is it the same? If there isn't a price difference, then this is grossly unfair to Gateway & DCX users. A rate increase is unwarranted. It's as if Shaw wants people to flip constantly back and forth between itself and its competition. I pay $200 for an older plan (equiv to Medium) & only 35 gigs internet, way more than Shaw and its competition offers for new subscribers with much higher internet and new equipment. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

it certainly depends on what your current plan is. Base o...

shaw-tony

@DXER it certainly depends on what your current plan is. Base on what you are saying, Blue Curve Total TV on a 2-year Value Plan will better suit your needs. You can get up to 3 wireless boxes (free rental), access to Cloud PVR features, and much more. However, your DCX3400 and Gateway will not work along with the new setup. Touch base with our customer support team so we can go over the bundles with you!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help