Jump to solution

Hide un-wanted channels on Blue Curve

taz56
Grasshopper

On the Gateway you had a "channel list" and you could go through add or remove a check mark to hide all the channels you did not want to see in your guide. Clean it up and make it less pages to scroll through.

How do I do that on the Blue Curve? For example channel 233 I do not use it, never will, how do I "hide it" so when I click on guide and scroll through I do not see it?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

On BlueCurve TV, first bring up the guide by selecting 'G...

Zeph
Grasshopper

On BlueCurve TV, first bring up the guide by selecting 'Guide' on your remote. Once your guide appears, select 'Guide' again on your remote. It'll bring up options to what style or type of guide you'd like. Scroll to 'Free To Me', and press 'OK' on your remote. That'll bring up a guide of the channels that only you subscribe or have access to. Keep in mind, at this time while in the 'Free To Me' guide, while watching a program... by changing the channels using the up and down arrows on your BlueCurve remote labeled 'CH', it'll scroll through channel numbers that you potentially don't subscribe to, but I'm guessing within time there might be a fix or an update to perhaps correct that issue. Whenever I watch TV, I always make sure just to double check I'm using the 'Free To Me' guide as sometimes with updates, it can switch back to the default guide.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Jump to solution

The BlueCurve does not have that feature, you would need...

rstra
Grand Master

The BlueCurve does not have that feature, you would need to create a favourites lists and set your default guide view to Favourites.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/how-to-add-a-channel-to-favourites-in-the-bluecurve-tv-guide/...

Jump to solution

On BlueCurve TV, first bring up the guide by selecting 'G...

Zeph
Grasshopper

On BlueCurve TV, first bring up the guide by selecting 'Guide' on your remote. Once your guide appears, select 'Guide' again on your remote. It'll bring up options to what style or type of guide you'd like. Scroll to 'Free To Me', and press 'OK' on your remote. That'll bring up a guide of the channels that only you subscribe or have access to. Keep in mind, at this time while in the 'Free To Me' guide, while watching a program... by changing the channels using the up and down arrows on your BlueCurve remote labeled 'CH', it'll scroll through channel numbers that you potentially don't subscribe to, but I'm guessing within time there might be a fix or an update to perhaps correct that issue. Whenever I watch TV, I always make sure just to double check I'm using the 'Free To Me' guide as sometimes with updates, it can switch back to the default guide.

Jump to solution

Are there any plans to address this problem and rollout t...

Rtech
Grasshopper

Are there any plans to address this problem and rollout the ability to hide unsubscribed and unwatched channels so the up/down button can be used without having these channels come up? It's quite frustrating to always have to use only the guide to avoid those channels, and it appears this feature is available on other Shaw boxes.

Jump to solution

Shaw Direct has this feature, so one could assume that bl...

grademan7
Grasshopper

Shaw Direct has this feature, so one could assume that blue curve tv could address this issue and fix it.

Jump to solution

I have a bunch of channels I don't normal watch, so what...

lylegord
Grasshopper

I have a bunch of channels I don't normal watch, so what I did was go through all the channels I think I might like to watch and selected them as favorite which puts a star beside them. Then when you select guide and tab over to favorite (star) it only brings up those channels.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

HI.... I just had a XG1v3 box hooked up with bluecurve tv...

jlic
Grasshopper

HI.... I just had a XG1v3 box hooked up with bluecurve tv. After being in the last place for 18 years, we moved so we finally upgraded to bluecurve TV.

To my surprise, when the guide FILTER is set to "free to me", using the channels up and down while watching tv still scrolls through "ALL" channels. Resulting in the  "SUBSCRIBE THIS CHANNEL" page coming up.

also. coming from having older shaw boxes for the past 15+ years (DCX35xx) I also miss seeing small Picture of what is currently channel while scrolling through the guide. I know you can press the RIGHT arrow and that pops up a side guide but you have no choice on placement or scaling. (top , right , bottom , left). I prefer seeing more guide than image when in guide mode. or having the choice of having the guide below the TV channel window .. with more guide.

The above (channel + and -) posting is from 20221. it's 2023 and this is still not addressed. Where can one post this where it's actually picked up by people who are responsible for updates ?

Thank you in advance !!!!

Jump to solution

Odd that Shaw gave you an XG1v3 and not a 4K v4 or wirele...

rstra
Grand Master

@jlic  Odd that Shaw gave you an XG1v3 and not a 4K v4 or wireless box. Anyhow, go to the bottom of this page, select. “About Us” and “Your Voice” to email your suggestion to Shaw.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I requested a WIRED version of the bluecurve. Didn't want...

jlic
Grasshopper

I requested a WIRED version of the bluecurve. Didn't want a wireless/wifi version. The bluecurve mainbox and the smaller box are wired with coax. On the first day the installer brought the wifi version of the box. When I informed him that I requested a wired version he said he does not have one and would have to come back tomorrow. so he just pre-wired the coax cable on the first day.

When he showed up the second day he came back with the modem and the above 2 bluecurve boxes. the "internet machine" said that if you have the wifi bluecurve box, if you stick a lan cable into it, the box connects via the LAN cable instead of the WIFI. He confirmed that at which point I asked him why he brought the boxes that connected via coax instead of the LAN. He had no answer and said that if I needed it hooked up right there and then, this is what he has. I can change it later.   My understanding is that the WIFI box can be used both ways .. WIFI and LAN which is a big plus. The only plus about having my bluecurve boxes hooked up via coax is that if my internet goes down. I will still have TV as it's not connected to my modem.

Can you advise please ? It felt like the install guy had a more important place to be instead of helping me solve this when I asked him questions about the hardware. Is there a better setup I should have from SHAW ?? Only on day 7 of contract.

TU !!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The wireless boxes can be connected wireless or wired. Th...

rstra
Grand Master

@jlic  The wireless boxes can be connected wireless or wired. The XG1v4 is also 4K and connected via coax, your v3 isn’t 4K. You would have to talk to Shaw to see if they will upgrade the box.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help