I just got my Rogers Ignite boxes. The remote makes a click sound on every button I press.

rickchicorli
Grasshopper

It may not sound like much but it is bothering me. I click the 30 second skip button a lot when watching recorded shows. Having that click (imagine you are clicking a ballpoint pen) all the time is annoying.

Two people I work with have the same boxes but the remotes say Shaw in stead of Rogers. Their remotes do not click like that.

Anyone else have this kind of remote that clicks? Maybe I am the only one bothered by it.

Overall I am getting used to the new Ignite system (I had the Gateway box before). 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

, that's funny I just checked both of my remotes and your...

g-idk
Master

@rickchicorli , that's funny I just checked both of my remotes and your right they click.  I have honestly never noticed or paid attention to it.  I suppose now I will notice it, lol.  

0 Kudos

I apologize for bringing it to your attention! It took me...

rickchicorli
Grasshopper

I apologize for bringing it to your attention! It took me a few days for it to start bothering me and no there is no going back.

, no worries.  Funny how you can notice some things and o...

g-idk
Master

@rickchicorli , no worries.  Funny how you can notice some things and others just pass you by.  

Is the click coming from the buttons on the remote themse...

withheld
Grasshopper

Is the click coming from the buttons on the remote themselves, or perhaps some speaker in the remote (I don't think there is one), or from the television when you press the buttons?  If you take a battery out of the remote and the click is still there, it must be the button itself.  Mute the TV, and if the click goes away, it must be coming from the TV.

If you are talking about the sound from the buttons themselves, it may go away or lessen as the buttons wear in a bit.  They have a bit more of a positive clicking action than many remotes that just have one big rubber membrane that makes up all the buttons (like the Gateway remote).  I have 4 Ignite remotes - an older model XR11 (Shaw), two model XR15v2-RQ (Rogers), and an XR15v2-UQ (Shaw, has slightly different shaped buttons, especially the arrows around the OK button).   The older XR11 has heavier looking buttons, with some in different locations - it seems to click less, but maybe just because it is more worn.  Whether it says Shaw or Rogers on it depends on when/where the remote came from, not necessarily what model it is.

If you are talking about a sound coming from the TV, check the settings (B button on the remote) for a setting called "sound cues", which might affect this (I have never turned it on so am not sure).  Another possibility is that since the remote uses radio (like Bluetooth?) instead of infrared to communicate with the Ignite box, it might interfere with your sound if you have a wireless soundbar/ headphones or something like that.  The fix for that might be more complicated.

0 Kudos

, the sound comes from the remote buttons themselves when...

g-idk
Master

@withheld , the sound comes from the remote buttons themselves when you depress them.  Like you mention it will probably wear away with extended use, but it doesn't bother me anyways unlike the first poster.  I have the Rogers branded remotes.  

0 Kudos

Yes, definitely the remote makes that noise. My old Gatew...

rickchicorli
Grasshopper

Yes, definitely the remote makes that noise. My old Gateway remote doesn't make a button click noise at all. I did order two big button remotes today. I tried one at the Rogers/Shaw store and it made a similar clicking noise as well but I think I may like the layout of the big button remote a bit better.

Thank you for the responses. Very helpful!