I know this is wishful thinking....

CoffeeLover
Grasshopper

And I know it' just s not a Shaw/Rogers thing, but I really don't like the idea of being tied down with a contract for my cable, it's too bad we didn't have the option of just switching to a month to month plan (with in my wishful thinking) for cable (& pay the monthly rental fee for the cable box which I don't mind for myself) & still stay in a 2 year plan for internet without being penalized or having to pay a cancellation fee (even though one would stay in a 2 year plan/contract for internet & have cable month to month & pay monthly rental fee for cable box) if one chooses ...as I say, it's wishful thinking.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

I don’t see why you couldn’t. Go month to month on cable...

rstra
Grand Master

@CoffeeLover  I don’t see why you couldn’t. Go month to month on cable and value plan for internet, people on limited TV with internet are doing that now.

0 Kudos

Yes, for some reason when I've asked customer service tha...

CoffeeLover
Grasshopper

Yes, for some reason when I've asked customer service that several times they said I would be breaking my contract & have to pay the $700 fee (or whatever the amount is)

0 Kudos

Hi  , That is probably because you are already on a 2 yea...

g-idk
Master

Hi @CoffeeLover , That is probably because you are already on a 2 year value plan with your tv service combined with your internet (ie. 1 gig internet and total tv package) , if this is the case then yes you would be subject to a cancellation fee for breaking the contract before the term is up.  The way people get around this like me for example is that I have my internet on the 2 year value plan but when they tried to give me a bundle with the tv service (total tv) I said no and just chose the limited tv package which cost $25.00 plus the box rental and I added a few pick and pay channels.  The limited tv package is not restricted under the 2 year value plan and you can cancel your limited tv package anytime you want with no penalty.  So when your current 2 year value plan ends, just get the internet under the value plan and choose the limited tv package, this way your only locked in for the internet.  Hope this helps explain a little.  

wrote: they said I would be breaking my contract & have t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@CoffeeLover wrote: they said I would be breaking my contract & have to pay the $700 fee (or whatever the amount is)

If you cancel the TV service within your two-year Value Plan, I think that the cancellation fee is $15/month, for each month remaining on your contract. If you have 20 months remaining, that is $300 -- not $700.

Ask Shaw Support what will happen if you "downgrade" your TV service to a lower level -- how much lower will your monthly fee be?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help