I need to reset my Gateway HDPVR every thrus

delly47
Grasshopper

I have an issue with my gateway hdpvr. every week on thurs I turn on my tv, box is on, and every channel is black no sound.

I need to power cycle it to get picture back.

I chatted with tech support they said it is a known issue and should be fixed soon. that was 6 months ago.

She said it has something to do with the gateway receiving updates on each thurs in the early morning hours.

anything i can do to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

Re: I need to reset my Gateway HDPVR every thrus

Not applicable

The Gateway reboots every Wednesday night or Thursday morning (around 2-3am).  Very rarely updates, just reboots for some reason..

I'm curious as to why it is needed though, what it is doing.

Are you using a HDMI switch?  An Expander?

0 Kudos

delly47
Grasshopper

nope no switch no expander, just a black screen every thurs and I need to manually power cycle.

the video works because i can still see the guide, the channel details at the bottom. you can change channels but every one is black. no picture, no sound.

crappy thing is i know own this thing!

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Do you have any Portals?  Can you try swapping the Gateway with a Portal?

0 Kudos

delly47
Grasshopper

No portals

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey delly47,

The Gateway receives maintenance updates every Thursday. I am very sorry for the frustrations you've been experiencing. It may be a signal related issue or faulty equipment. I'd recommend trying some of the steps here to refresh the signal to the equipment to see if the issue continues. If it does, I'd recommend touching base with technical support to schedule a service technician to investigate further or swap the equipment (you will lose your recordings).

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

delly47
Grasshopper

Hey Tony,

so i did get a tech come and swap the box with a new one. but the problem still persists.

so its not the box i guess.

thanks

Mike

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

that is certainly odd. Did the technician check/swap any of the wiring in your home? 

0 Kudos

delly47
Grasshopper

shaw-tony‌ yeah he did that first and problem persisted, came back a week later and same problem. must be trying to update or something and failed? i havent seen this new guide mentioned in the forums.

sucks it takes a week to see if the problem is still there.

Mike

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

The updates will automatically take place between February 20, 2019, and March 13, 2019. I have some more details on that here. I'd recommend waiting until your guide update comes through to see if the problem continues. I am sorry for the frustration and appreciate your patience.

TALK TO US
We're here to help