Jump to solution

Is the Shaw XiOne 4K Wireless TV Player compatible with AV Recievers

danfred
Grasshopper

Hi recent bought a new Sony AV Receiver and I have it connect by HDMI to my 4K Samsung TV. I have an Apple TV and PS3 connected by HDMI to the AV Receiver and they work fine. I connected the XiOne TV player to the AV Receiver by HDMI and I cannot seem to get it to work. Just a blank screen. I have tried unplugging and plugging in multiple times. Can the XiOne be connected through a AV Receiver?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Got it. Not really sure how. I did replace the HDMI cable...

danfred
Grasshopper

Got it. Not really sure how. I did replace the HDMI cable with a 4K/8K cable. That might it it. But the old cable worked with Apple TV so...

I didn't even get to the TV source settings I was going to try. Just plugged it and it started working.  Mystery solved but not really solved.

Anyway thanks for help

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jump to solution

-- from a Shaw web-page,  your XiOne does not have "HDMI-...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@danfred -- from a Shaw web-page,  your XiOne does not have "HDMI-input".  It has "HDMI-output", which can be connected to any "HDMI-input" port on your A/V Receiver.

That web-page lists:

* HD Compatible: Yes, 1080p

* 4K Compatible: Yes, 2160p

Can your Sony handle those resolutions on its HDMI-input ports?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yes, the Sony receiver is the brand new STR-AZ1000ES. Can...

danfred
Grasshopper

Yes, the Sony receiver is the brand new STR-AZ1000ES. Can handle 8K if there was any content at 8K. Apple TV 4K works fine.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Do you get audio?

rstra
Grand Master

@danfred  Do you get audio?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

No, could not get to passed black screen... No connection...

danfred
Grasshopper

No, could not get to passed black screen... No connection. No way to get to TV box settings. 

I have since gone back to a direct connection to TV, with audio back to Receiver. So it works, just not the setup I wanted.

There should be a way to setup with TV box connected to Receiver. I have a feeling it is settings on the Samsung TV that is not making the HDMI handshake.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

While the box is connected to the TV, you could try lower...

rstra
Grand Master

@danfred  While the box is connected to the TV, you could try lowering the resolution on the BlueCurve box and then connect it back to the receiver. 

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/how-to-adjust-your-screen-resolution-in-bluecurve-tv/ta-p/610...

If the TV and receiver input settings are correct, it should work. I do the same with a Denon receiver and there is no problem. On my other TV I plug the BC direct to TV and then HDMI-arc to a soundbar, because it only has one input and I prefer to have the TV process the audio. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Got it. Not really sure how. I did replace the HDMI cable...

danfred
Grasshopper

Got it. Not really sure how. I did replace the HDMI cable with a 4K/8K cable. That might it it. But the old cable worked with Apple TV so...

I didn't even get to the TV source settings I was going to try. Just plugged it and it started working.  Mystery solved but not really solved.

Anyway thanks for help

TALK TO US
We're here to help