Hello. I'm having issues routing my Shaw Bluecurve TV video through my Panasonic AV Receiver to my Samsung 4K TV. Note:
- The receiver is several years old and only able to handle 1080p HD. I realize the Shaw 4K feed to the TV is not an option via the AV Receiver.
- The receiver works fine directing a Blueray DVD feed to the TV.
- When I connect the Bluecurve box directly to the TV, the feed is fine and I have complete control and access to all Bluecurve functionality.
- With the Bluecurve connected directly to the TV, I update the Bluecurve box to output only 1080p HD. I then connect the Bluecurve feed to the AV Receiver input, and the TV to the AV Receiver output. The TV receives no picture or sound from the Bluecurve.
- When I reboot the Bluecurve box by removing and reinserting the power cord, the WELCOME message shows up on the TV but nothing more after this but a blue screen. After a minute or so the blue screen is replaced by a black screen (no signal). No change.
- I reconfigured HDMI-CEC in the TV for the Shaw Bluecurve and Panasonic AV receiver. No change.
- I utilized an alternate HDMI input on the AV Receiver in case the original HDMI input was the problem. No change.
- I replaced the HDMI cable between the Bluecurve and the AV Receiver. No change.
- Shaw Support was here and replaced the Bluecurve box. On a previous phone call, Shaw support did a reboot and all looks fine from your end. No change.
QUESTION: It would seem the problem is the AV Receiver. However, if this is the case, why is the Shaw Bluecurve box able to display the WELCOME message on the TV through the AV Receiver? The AV Receiver is having no issues routing the Blueray DVD video to the TV, suggesting the AV Receiver is working fine. Is there any other configuration options I need to check or change to troubleshoot further? Replacing my AV Receiver worth $1,000 is not an option unless I can fully understand why this problem exists and why I've been unable to resolve it to this point. Thank you!
@DMNOVAK Plug the BC into the TV and set it to 16:9 720p, then reconnect to the receiver. If that fails, take the hdmi out from your receiver and in to the hdmi-arc port on the TV, then plug your hdmi from the BC to the TV.
Setting up new Bluecurve wireless TV player last night Feb.21 had exact same experience with my Onkyo av receiver. Shaw phone tech support was able to help complete the setup and activation and it worked for the evening. This morning Feb.22, powered on the TV and the problem was back. Blue screen no signal.
Tech support is scheduled for Feb.25 in home. Hopefully they can fix. It does seem to be a compatibility issue with the TV player. Apple TV box works fine. PS3 works fine, old Gateway Shaw boxed worked fine.
The other new Bluecurve TV player I have in bedroom connected directly to TV works fine.
The fact that it worked temporarily after tech supported setup suggests it is an issue with software in the TV player.
I encountered exactly the same issue. Shaw sent a technician who replaced the Bluecurve box in question. Same problem persisted and I could reboot the Bluecurve and enjoy TV for the remainder of the day until encountering the same issue the next morning. Eventually even a reboot of the Bluecurve box was unable to resolve and I ended up with the situation I initially posted. I finally gave up and purchased a new Pioneer AV receiver that handles 4K and all is now working well. Hope you have better success!
Encountered same issue with a Pioneer Elite and Yamaha receiver . Both are over 10 years old. I may pull the trigger on a new receiver