Low Volume on some channels - e.g. CBC local and National

mhyvr
Grasshopper

Hi,

I've been experiencing very low volume on channels such CBC Vancouver and CBC National Network. Using a blue curve wireless cable box.  Its' really annoying 😞

I have unplugged , restarted, refreshed and every setting in the audio settings to aut or expert and in between but it generally persists. Other channels are not so bad.

Any solutions?

Thanks,

5 Replies

i see no answer after 7 months....way to be shaw

eskisfan
Grasshopper

i see no answer after 7 months....way to be shaw

0 Kudos

/ @ELKSfan -- way to be ... Shaw does not manufacture the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@eskisfan / @ELKSfan -- way to be ...

Shaw does not manufacture the BlueCurve PVR.  Thus, Shaw lacks the capability to address your issue.

Also, this is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help. It is probable that there are NO Shaw employees who "lurk" on this forum, in order to read your rant.

Contact the CBC, to see if their audio signal-levels are similar to the levels on CTV/Global/CityTV/Knowledge. Indicate in what city/town you are residing.

0 Kudos

I have also noticed a difference in the audio quality on...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

I have also noticed a difference in the audio quality on CBUT (CBC Vancouver) on the Shaw BlueCurve TV box.

The clarity is fine; however it is possibly a Stereo 2.0 sound mix instead of DTS or whichever one the signal usually transmits on

compared to other channels.

0 Kudos

-- where is your residence? Does the issue affect only yo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@michaelstein -- where is your residence? Does the issue affect only you? Only the other residents on your street? All your friends in your town/city? Which channels? Older Shaw TV box, or the newer BlueCurve?

0 Kudos

This is likely CBC broadcasting a 5.1 signal but the audi...

rstra
Grand Master

@michaelstein  This is likely CBC broadcasting a 5.1 signal but the audio isn’t encoded properly. Do you notice any problems with the dialog?

0 Kudos