Missing Limited TV channels

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

After being without cable for a few days decided to get it back as I figure it would be some tv.....I'm.hsvr Limited TV, well now I don't have the Seattle channels not even KCTS (PBS) I thought those stations were mandated to be a part of Limited TV..,so i.phoned Shaw and agent said those channels are only available with Timeshift....so we are now paying the same for less channels 

Labels (1)
22 Replies

-- My guess is that the Shaw person (who may have been in...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@CoffeeLover909 -- My guess is that the Shaw person (who may have been in a Call Centre east of the Rockies) did not correctly identify that you are physically located where those Seattle-based stations are "local" to you. Please try again to contact Shaw.

0 Kudos

I did call & chat online & all the agents say with Limite...

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

I did call & chat online & all the agents say with Limited TV American network channels are no longer available with Limited TV.....you need to subscribe to Timeshift.....I guess with the grandfathered Limited TV they would be included in Limited TV.....so less channels than before yet same price....no discount at all

0 Kudos

I think this is because Shaw wants us to get Total TV.......

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

I think this is because Shaw wants us to get Total TV.....my guess anyways ....I.may be wrong 

0 Kudos

Hi there, I have limited tv also here in Burnably bc, and...

g-idk
Master

Hi there, I have limited tv also here in Burnably bc, and just phoned shaw and your right if you have grandfathered limited tv your okay still but any new limited tv subscribers do not get the seatlle based tv networks unless you order timeshift package add-on.  The american networks were never ever mandated by crtc for limited tv it was just Shaw included them as a bonus, but has now taken them away.  It's been posted on here before but nobody really believed it thought it was just a misunderstanding.  Thank god I'm grandfathered for now,  Personally don't think it's very nice of Shaw do to this.

0 Kudos

I had a feeling that the new limited TV channel listing w...

rstra
Grand Master

I had a feeling that the new limited TV channel lineup was not a mistake. 

0 Kudos

Yup sure looks that way,  I think someone mentioned somet...

g-idk
Master

Yup sure looks that way,  I think someone mentioned something about the new tv lineup for limited tv was missing all the U.S. networks, and everyone figured it was just a clerical error.  I understand Shaw is a business and is profit driven,  I accept that fact, but why on the backs of the people who can only afford limited tv is what bothers me.  I'm pretty sure that Shaw was not going to go into the red over a few U.S. networks.  Well I'm safe but think of all the other family's this can effect.  Sorry for ranting got started and couldn't quit. 

0 Kudos

- more than a "feeling". Two Shaw web-pages have quite-di...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra - more than a "feeling".

Two Shaw web-pages have quite-different channel line-ups:

1. Titled "May 2020" 
  2. Presumably "older" chart 

The older chart states that one can "add 10 Pick-and-Pay channels for $22". Many individual channels are/were $4 each.

Maybe, adding "Time-Shift" will be cheaper than $22 ???  It certainly adds flexibility in your viewing -- to watch shows at 10 PM Eastern at 7 PM Pacific.

0 Kudos

KCTS is available on "Limited TV" as well as KOMO, KCPQ a...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

KCTS is available on "Limited TV" as well as KOMO, KCPQ and KING for British Columbia customers

These are not timeshift channels for BC customers

0 Kudos

-- if you signed-up for "Limited TV" before May 2020, you...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@michaelstein -- if you signed-up for "Limited TV" before May 2020, you are correct.

As @g-idk wrote, new subscribers to "Limited TV" do not receive those channels.

See the hyperlink for "May 2020" that I previously posted, for the current line-up.

You might consider "peasant television" -- buy an external antenna, to try to receive "over-the-air", HD, unscrambled, broadcasts from those Seattle-based channels, maybe via one of their "repeater" antennas, e.g., in Port Townsend, Washington State.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help