Netflix being Charged on Shaw Account - BUT I ALREADY HAD A NETFLIX ACCOUNT

ango1620
Grasshopper

I have an old Netflix account from years ago that I pay monthly directly from my bank account ($16.99).  I signed into my Netflix account from our BlueSky and now Shaw is adding Netflix on my account with Shaw ($16.99/month).  So now I am paying double.  I spoke to a rep from Shaw and all she said was someone must have signed up for a Netflix account from our BlueSky.  This did not happen.  She left it with me to contact Netflix and I know for sure I only have one Netflix account (one login/user name with Netflix that has only been used in our BlueSky).  Now I am lost and Shaw does not seem to want to help me.  Help!

Labels (1)
11 Replies

Call billing again and then yet again. We had the same ha...

bychance
Grasshopper

Call billing again and then yet again. We had the same happen and it took calling 3 times until a representative in billing said "This happens often, I will remove the charge and credit the last month's charge, is there anything else you need today?" Over the last few years we've heard that the norm is 3 calls to get most issues corrected so Good Luck, you have a couple calls to go 🙂  

apologies for the frustrations. Our customer support team...

shaw-tony

@ango1620 apologies for the frustrations. Our customer support team can certainly remove/credit the double charge. Just to be sure, have proof of payment to Netflix direct for the previous month and the email associated with that account.

0 Kudos

I had the same problem!

Kathiejd
Grasshopper

I had the same problem!

0 Kudos

I just called in, I have been double-charged for over a...

Kathiejd
Grasshopper

I just called in,  I have been double-charged for over a year.

I don't look at my billing every month, I have  faith and trust Shaw...

Why was I billed for Netflix on my credit card (Which I have authorized) and on my Shaw bill (I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS) the lady told me its mu fault for not looking at my bills for over a year!!!! REALLY!!!

I want my money back from  Shaw!!!! This has nothing to do with NETFLIX,  its Shaws new box issue!!!!

[mod edit to remove personal info]

0 Kudos

Hi  , Hope you can get your money back.  Just to let you...

g-idk
Master

Hi @Kathiejd , Hope you can get your money back.  Just to let you know though , it really is your responsibility to check your invoices every month,  and to promptly let Shaw know of any errors that my have been placed on your invoice, usually within 30 days of receiving said invoice.  Just like in a Bank if there is an error on your account statement you have 30 days to report the error or the bank can say too bad so sad.  Please in future do not have blind trust, any person or company can make mistakes so you need to be on top of those things all the time.  So once again I hope you can get that money back or at least some of it.  Stay Safe.

0 Kudos

I have had the exact same problem, I ve been paying doubl...

Florencia
Grasshopper

I have had the exact same problem, I ve been paying double for over a year!! and I only have an old Netflix account!! it is a total scam. Shaw now says they can only return this moth's Netflix payment. 

0 Kudos

-- I've been paying double for over a year!! When did yo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Florencia -- I've been paying double for over a year!!

When did you notice the double-charge?  What did you do? When did you contact Shaw?

> It is a total scam.

I disagree. It is "common practise" for many businesses to give the customer 30 days after receiving a statement to file a dispute. The bottom-line of most statements states "E&OE", meaning "errors & omissions excluded", as a "CYA" disclaimer.

It happened to me: a cheque for $30 that I deposited at a local branch of a Federal Credit Union was only credited as $20. My mistake for not filing a dispute within 30 days.  Fortunately, it was only $10.

> Shaw now says they can only return this moth's [?] Netflix payment

Correct. Since you disputed the charge on your most-recent statement, they reacted appropriately to your claim.

0 Kudos

Seems like the very same issue as many on here.  I'm the...

fedup20
Grasshopper

Seems like the very same issue as many on here.  I'm the idiot that trusted Shaw to take the amount we agreed to.  I work out of town and don't have time to monitor this.  I did notice the charges were going up, and I am home now looking into it.  It's a netflix charge that I DID NOT register for.  Why on earth would I pay for something I am already paying for?  Shaw told me to go into my Netflix account to unregister.  I have no idea what the login info is.  I did not set this up!    I feel like this is a scam.  It's a year of charges and I was told I would get 3 months refunded.  I've been their customer for 25 years and this is the loyalty they are showing me.  I am fed up with them and have already decided it's time to go to Telus.

You signed up through BlueCurve TV, the instructions...

rstra
Grand Master

@fedup20   You signed up through BlueCurve TV, the instructions to recover your login info and cancel are here:

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/netflix-on-bluecurve-tv-faq/ta-p/6346#content-section-2

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help