Jump to solution

No Content pop up

KirbyF997
Grasshopper

I've been getting this 'No Content" pop-up for a couple weeks now.  First it was just one or two channels I rarely watch (Comedy, FX).  Now it's happening on a lot of other channels.  Then the show gets rather pixelled, or freezes, and catches up.  
I tried resetting the box, and it's still doing it. 
I live on Vancouver Island (Cowichan Valley).  Wondering if anyone else has that issue, or am I just that lucky.  
I mean, it's getting bad enough that I may have to ....omg...read a book!!  Help!!! PLEASE!!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- it's still doing it.  Because this is a user-to-user d...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@KirbyF997 -- it's still doing it. 

Because this is a user-to-user discussion forum, and not a path to Shaw Support, I recommend that you contact Shaw Support, to get them to trouble-shoot. They can remotely logon to your cable-modem, to view the "signal-strength" incoming to your cable-modem.  Poor signal-strength will cause "drop-out" of both audio & video, and "pixelating".

How old is your PVR, and especially its internal disk-drive?  If there are problems reading/writing to that disk-drive, that can cause your symptoms.

> I live on Vancouver Island (Cowichan Valley).  Wondering if anyone else has that issue, or am I just that lucky.  

Do you have any nearby neighbours to survey them to ask if they have similar symptoms?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jump to solution

-- it's still doing it.  Because this is a user-to-user d...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@KirbyF997 -- it's still doing it. 

Because this is a user-to-user discussion forum, and not a path to Shaw Support, I recommend that you contact Shaw Support, to get them to trouble-shoot. They can remotely logon to your cable-modem, to view the "signal-strength" incoming to your cable-modem.  Poor signal-strength will cause "drop-out" of both audio & video, and "pixelating".

How old is your PVR, and especially its internal disk-drive?  If there are problems reading/writing to that disk-drive, that can cause your symptoms.

> I live on Vancouver Island (Cowichan Valley).  Wondering if anyone else has that issue, or am I just that lucky.  

Do you have any nearby neighbours to survey them to ask if they have similar symptoms?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It's in an apartment, and actually, a few people mentione...

KirbyF997
Grasshopper

It's in an apartment, and actually, a few people mentioned the same issue. Mine is a personal standard HD receiver, probably at least 5 years old

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- It's in an apartment, and actually, a few people menti...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@KirbyF997 -- It's in an apartment, and actually, a few people mentioned the same issue.

These symptoms are beyond the ability of contributors to this forum of doing anything "technical" to resolve the issue(s).

I highly recommend contacting Shaw Support, on behalf of your group of people. Mention their addresses, to show that the problem is "outside" of your apartment.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

my contacts not showing in my messenger

tanious
Grasshopper

my contacts not showing in my messenger

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help