Jump to solution

Please add ability to remotely record

DustyDad
Grasshopper

I have Shaw Blue Curve. For the most part it’s great! But it is missing the ability to remotely schedule recordings or to check on currently scheduled recordings. I had this with Shaw Gateway but lost this with Shaw Blue Curve.

The Shaw TV Blue Curve App just came out today and contains the ability to watch shows recorded with the PVR but it does not allow me to schedule recordings or view current recordings.

The ability to remotely schedule recordings is a great tool. It means if I hear about a cool show or program I can take out my phone and schedule it wherever I am.

Please bring this feature to Shaw Blue Curve as soon as possible.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedba...

shaw-valerie

@DustyDad Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, I will pass that along to our product team! 

View solution in original post

28 Replies
Jump to solution

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedba...

shaw-valerie

@DustyDad Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, I will pass that along to our product team! 

Jump to solution

My understanding is that Arris, who manufactures these ca...

mi6_
Grasshopper

My understanding is that Arris, who manufactures these cable boxes for Shaw has the ability to add remotely set recordings. Arris is being sued in the USA for a patent violation concerning the remote recording feature. Thus until the lawsuit is settled, you won’t be seeing remotely set recordings anytime soon from Shaw unfortunately. It’s a feature I’d love to see as well.

Jump to solution

I want this feature as well for Shaw BlueCurve TV app. Ro...

Andrew9013
Grasshopper

I want this feature as well for Shaw BlueCurve TV app. Rogers announced October 10, 2019 here is link for mobilesyrup article. https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/10/10/ignite-tv-app-set-up-recordings/

Jump to solution

I am confused. How can this be considered a solution? Tha...

terowe
Grasshopper

I am confused. How can this be considered a solution? That was rhetorical so no value in answering.

Just to add my vote for this feature, it is the only missing feature that is keeping me (and hundreds or perhaps thousands of others) from moving to Blue whatever. For now I will keep my Gateway as the remote recording feature is much more valuable than the ability to play back recordings on my phone etc or talk to my recorder.  

Jump to solution

Sometimes even if you don’t like the answer it is the sol...

DustyDad
Grasshopper

Sometimes even if you don’t like the answer it is the solution. I was looking to convey that an absent feature should be implemented. Either the solution would be that my feedback would be passed along or, even better, that the feature was pending and just around the corner. This is why I marked Shaw’s response as a solution.

I hope someday soon they implement this feature.

Jump to solution

not a solution but thanks

delly47
Grasshopper

not a solution but thanks

Jump to solution

When will Shaw bring this option back as it was great bef...

Shockyh
Grasshopper

When will Shaw bring this option back as it was great before I moved to Blue Curve

Jump to solution

I agree since I just converted from Gateway to Blue and l...

Richardj1
Grasshopper

I agree since I just converted from Gateway to Blue and lost functionality that I used frequently. 

Jump to solution

It has been 6 months since the original post. Just conver...

MoWo
Grasshopper

It has been 6 months since the original post. Just converted to BlueCurve and found out this is missing. This is supposed to be the best system Shaw has. This is a very useful tool that you already had in the old system. When is adding the capability of remote recording be added to the app? Can Shaw publish a roadmap of functionality that will be added to BlueCurve? Guest network is another key feature missing in this system. Thanks 

TALK TO US
We're here to help