I searched in my settings under preferences - general and...

mistiblu
Grasshopper

I searched in my settings under preferences - general and auto pad isnt there either

0 Kudos

From the directions I've provided, Auto Pad Recordings is...

Zeph
Grasshopper

From the directions I've provided, Auto Pad Recordings is at the very bottom. You'll need to scroll all the way down to find it. Hopefully it's there for you. If not, inquire that the BlueCurve TV Player has the latest updates. Hopefully a Shaw Moderator can weigh in on this thread / topic.

0 Kudos

enabling auto pad is only available on the XG1v3. There i...

shaw-tony

@mistiblu @srglassw @jammytoes enabling auto pad is only available on the XG1v3. There is currently no auto pad option available for the Xi6. I haven't heard of any updates to when/if it will be available but will certainly pass your feedback along to our product team. As @shaw-valerie mentioned, you can extend your recordings with the steps here.

0 Kudos

Yea, no autopad anywhere on mine.  Sound like it might be...

mistiblu
Grasshopper

Yea, no autopad anywhere on mine.  Sound like it might be useful though.

I dont see why I should need to adjust the start and end times of every series recording I have.  Everything worked fine on my old regular box before I switched to Blue Curve last fall.  When I record I SHOULD get a full hour from say, 8pm til 8:59 at least and not 7:58 til approx 8:57 or when ever they are getting cut off, especially on CBC, MeTV and several other channels.

0 Kudos

I see this issue with many channels I record and I do not...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

I see this issue with many channels I record and I do not have BlueCurve, however, I do have a DCX 3510-M pvr box.

0 Kudos

Yes I see the same behaviour on TLC, Slice and other chan...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

Yes I see the same behaviour on TLC, Slice and other channels, seems like it happens on most of the channels I record.

0 Kudos

You can add additional time to your recordings following...

shaw-valerie

@MomOfARocker You can add additional time to your recordings following the steps here, so that you don't miss anything at the end of recorded programs. 

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply shaw-valerie. I am aware of how to...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

Thanks for the reply shaw-valerie.  I am aware of how to add extra time to the end of a show as I have to actually do that for many of the shows I record on a regular basis.  This method sometimes interferes with other shows being recorded after the end of the program, however, if I am recording two different shows following that one.  I was simply chiming in to mistiblu's post and agree with her that we should not have to do this.  This problem does not occur on my older DCX 3400 box ... only on the DCX 3510-M box.  Also, quite often it will happen on a show that I may only be recording once and you never know when this problem will arise as it does not happen on every show so it's hard to know when to add the extra couple of minutes recording time ... I would prefer not to have to do that for everything I record, again, that should not be necessary.

I heartily agree!  Its like the system time is off by a c...

mistiblu
Grasshopper

I heartily agree!  Its like the system time is off by a couple of minutes.  If I want to record something that starts at 8pm and ends at 8:59, then I should be getting a recording that is a full 59 minutes starting at 8pm.  But in many cases, the recordings are starting at, say, 7:58 and ending at 8:55 or thereabouts and thus cutting off the conclusion.  This is YOUR system doing this for some reason.  If I have to manually adjust the recording time of every single show I want to record then there is something wrong with Shaw's system as shown by the number of replies on this thread over a matter of many months!

Please just fix it!

0 Kudos

This is happening to me as well. I make sure I set the fo...

CathywithaC
Grasshopper

This is happening to me as well. I make sure I set the following program to record too so I get the end of the first program I Wanted. Frustrating!

TALK TO US
We're here to help