Rewind and watch previous channel.

sandymunro
Grasshopper

On the old shaw box we used to be able to switch between two channels and rewind the show. Now when we toggle to the “last” channel it starts at the exact time we switch back and we cannot see what was missed.  Is BlueSky working on providing this service again?  Please advise on this service.

Labels (1)
26 Replies

Re: Rewind and watch previous channel.

sephum
Grasshopper

This was a great feature and is missed.  It almost makes me mad some days

Re: Rewind and watch previous channel.

shaw-tony

Hey sandymunro and sephum,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the delay in response. The forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. I appreciate your feedback for the feature. I haven't heard of any news on when/if this feature will be available. At this time, I will recommend recording the channels if you are looking to swap back and forth between two TV stations.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Just got Blue Curve and I’m thinking of switching back to...

dougwedwards
Grasshopper

Just got Blue Curve and I’m thinking of switching back to the old gateway system because of this and other Missing features on Blue Curve. Why would you go backwards with features? 

Agree, very disappointing to find out after we switched....

Mis-fea4ures
Grasshopper

Agree, very disappointing to find out after we switched.  Last channel feature now gives us multiple channels to return to but redundant if I can’t go back.  Missing Flames goals and they come far and few between.

you know what,, if i had what they called UPGRADED  to th...

davesentes
Grasshopper

you know what,, if i had what they called UPGRADED  to that new box .. i would go ballistick if that feature you refer to no longer worked.. i use it

all the time and know exactly how convienient it is.. that suck. i was lucky in that i live close enough to an actual shaw custumer service centre here

in edmonton, so i was actually physically able to try the new boxes, to see the dynamicks of how they worked before UPGRADING  to the blue

sky set up..  .. i have now gotten lucky again.. had my monthly rate lowered by 23 dollars a month for being a loyal customer .. i get to keep my 

shaw gateway... and i am tied into this contract for the next 24 months... only thing is,, if i opt out of the contrackt early,, which isnt going to happen

as i have examined any other choices i might have... but if i did,, it is mentioned in the contrackt that they could LEGALLY charge me $20 dollars a

month for the duration of the term.. i suppose it is what it is.. personally , to me, having tested the new boxes,, i find them slower in response time.. 

and just in general very clunky and inconvienient to use..  .. i utilize and watch my television system quite frequently and do not like having it off

line.. thanks.. dave

I just upgraded to BlueCurve and didn't realize I would b...

DaleSpy
Grasshopper

I just upgraded to BlueCurve and didn't realize I would be losing this feature. That was pretty much the only way I watched live TV. Switching between two programs and rewinding. Especially hockey games. Watching one show then switching to the hockey game, rewinding to the highlights.

May have consider not switching if I had known I would lose this feature.

> Switching between two programs and rewinding. Especiall...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Switching between two programs and rewinding. Especially hockey games. Watching one show then switching to the hockey game, 

The BlueCurve device has multiple tuners (to be able to simultaneously record on multiple channels).

On older PVRs, if you press the "last" button, you are telling the current tuner to switch to a different channel. This switch discards all the "buffered" content on the channel you were watching, and starts buffering on the channel that are starting to see. Older remote-control devices have a different button to switch to the other tuner(s), and each tuner has its own "buffer" available for a "rewind".

The BlueCurve TV Remote Control has a "Last" button:

Press Last when watching full-screen programming to see the last nine channels, PVR programs, or Shaw On Demand programs watched.

but that description does not seem to describe "view the output from a different tuner".

On this forum, Other People have suggested using "record" on the hockey-game, and then switching to your other channel with its content.

Totally agree!

Terrie19
Grasshopper

Totally agree! 

Had to upgrade our internet and and were not able to keep...

Terrie19
Grasshopper

Had to upgrade our internet and and were not able to keep our now preferred and much more functional gateway system. Boo!

TALK TO US
We're here to help